Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
181 - 200 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
GR86
18 Posts
Hello all. I ordered and placed a down payment on my 2023 GR86 but I have to wait about six months. I currently drive a 2010 Honda Civic Type-R (FD2). I've owned both a BRZ in Japan and an FR-S in America when it was released. In the past, I've had a couple of AE86s that I used to bang around.

It's so difficult finding a decent, active community for such a new car. This forum seems great. I'm glad I found it.

Cheers.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi all! I'm from Spain (yes), and I have somewhat pre-ordered a white GR86 in 15th June. The model is still not officially released here in Spain, it is expected that this will happen this August (I suspect most probably September), and the fact is that it will be only 100 units available for ALL the country (yes, 100... 😱, all of them base model, no Premium here), and I somewhat managed to convince the dealer owner to give them 3000 € in advance with a private paper, and have all the needed data from me already filled up, so in the moment it is released, they can put an order without even waiting to call me or that I must go there.
With that they guarantee me that my order will the first to be issued at least from our country zone (like an USA State). That is all I could do to maximize my chances of getting it.

I currently drive a VW Scirocco 2.0TSI since 2009 with some mods (mainly suspension/wheels and engine tuning)

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hi all! I'm from Spain (yes), and I have somewhat pre-ordered a white GR86 in 15th June. The model is still not officially released here in Spain, it is expected that this will happen this August (I suspect most probably September), and the fact is that it will be only 100 units available for ALL the country (yes, 100... 😱, all of them base model, no Premium here), and I somewhat managed to convince the dealer owner to give them 3000 € in advance with a private paper, and have all the needed data from me already filled up, so in the moment it is released, they can put an order without even waiting to call me or that I must go there.
With that they guarantee me that my order will the first to be issued at least from our country zone (like an USA State). That is all I could do to maximize my chances of getting it.

I currently drive a VW Scirocco 2.0TSI since 2009 with some mods (mainly suspension/wheels and engine tuning)

View attachment 12240
Bienvenidos @Eracles! Congrats on securing your car since it's so limited. What sold you on the GR86?

Those Sciroccos are so nice, I wish VW sold them in North America.

·
Registered
94 Posts
What sold you on the GR86?
Easy to explain: if you are not rich enough to spend more than 70.000 € on a car, and you like spirited combustion cars, in Europe you are doomed from 2024. In that year new cars will have to comply with so many new regulations that basically there will be only hybrids unless you are rich, and more: black box that records telemetry of the last 30 seconds to investigate accidents, adaptive speed limiter that makes your car cannot accelerate over the speed limit (for now you can disable it somehow, but still not clear on how, no car is still on the market as of today with this, some say a button, some say flooring the throttle more than two seconds...), many driver aids mandatory, electric catalysts... So on so on.

In the end, wanting new not 2nd hand, and not being rich to the level of a Porsche Cayman / BMW M2 (and even those, I think they will be hybrids by mid 2024), and wanting something a bit more driver focused than the typicall FWD turbo hot hatch which I already have one since almost 14 years (so far so good, but newer cars like VW Golf GTI Mk8 didn't seem to me to be so much an improvement as to spend 48.000+ € for one), and also wanting some sort of rear seat, well... the GR86 came in just in time. More analog, RWD, N/A, manual, more sensation at lower speeds than with a 300+ bhp FWD (my Scirocco has 340 bhp / 515 Nm), well, I think that it will put me a bigger smile on my face than a GTI, i30N at less suicide speeds...

i30N will be sold only until 2024, Megane RS is not sold anymore, Type R Fk8 is not sold anymore, and the new one I think it will be sold only during 2023 an in very limited numbers like the GR86 and at most probably 50.000+ €, Supra will also disappear in 2024 (and 2 seater), Audi TT is also dying now, bye bye Focus RS forever... Cupras will get hybrid, as I think also GTis, Corolla GR will not get here, Nissan Z400 will not get here (2 seater too), Mazda MX5 (2 seater) will disaappear next year (unconfirmed if a new one will appear as hybrid), new GTR will also not be in Europe.. You see the scene in Europe. It was now, or never again buy a new car. I don't want to spend a single € in a car that I know beforehand I don't like its concept (all SUVs and Crossovers, all the same, almost undistinguishables)

I'm now a little worried though, about that thing I have just read some minutes ago about some GR86/BRZ engines dying due to obstruction with oil suction pipe...

·
Administrator
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
Welcome to GR86.org!
Please take a moment to introduce yourselves :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello, just put an order for a white manual transmission GR86. It was just launched yesterday here in Indonesia and Toyota only sell it with the GR Aero Parts included. Price was marked up as hell but hey this is the car I've always wanted for years might as well pull the trigger and be happy about it. Delivery time is still unknown, even the dealer haven't had any idea about it. So fingers crossed and here comes the waiting game.

Cheers guys, looking forward!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hello, just put an order for a white manual transmission GR86. It was just launched yesterday here in Indonesia and Toyota only sell it with the GR Aero Parts included. Price was marked up as hell but hey this is the car I've always wanted for years might as well pull the trigger and be happy about it. Delivery time is still unknown, even the dealer haven't had any idea about it. So fingers crossed and here comes the waiting game.

Cheers guys, looking forward!
But you have a real order, or just a pre-order?
I had a pre-order in Spain, but they cancelled it two days ago and refunded me. Seems that here orders will have to filled directly online bynthe customers, in a race-like style.

·
Registered
35 Posts
But you have a real order, or just a pre-order?
I had a pre-order in Spain, but they cancelled it two days ago and refunded me. Seems that here orders will have to filled directly online bynthe customers, in a race-like style.
I think I have a real order because I got to choose colour, interior trim and transmission while ordering yesterday.
Subaru on the other hand had already know how many cars they will get in the next months with their BRZ.
So I think in Indonesia we'll get them for sure sooner or later.
Just hope they fix the RTV issue. lol.

·
Registered
94 Posts
There is a Guy in YouTube that 1 month ago sold his black Basic trim GR86 and ordered a Premium Halo White for MRSP (he didn't like black and basic).
So there arar many people anotated in long waiting lists, and then there some lucky b... o_O that are able to buy two of them... XD

·
ARMASPEED- The best intake system!
4 Posts
Hi all! It's really a pleasure to be here with all the car enthusiasts!
Just launched the intake system for GR86/ BRZ. Hope we can all have fun!

181 - 200 of 234 Posts