Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I thought this would be a good place to talk about everything we know about the upcoming new Nissan Z. I can't be the only one here who thinks its pretty cool, right?

I'll keep updating this thread with Nissan Z news and specs (as more get released), and I'll start with a little recap, in case the GR86/BRZ rollouts have had you distracted. ;)

If you're interested, there's a ton more to check out on the sister forum of this site over at:
New Nissan Z forum

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First, it probably makes sense to start with the world premiere of the production version of the 2023 Nissan Z. This thread contains most of the specs Nissan has released, so far.

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This AMA with the head of Nissan US Product PR has answers to just about any question you can think to ask (the ones Nissan is willing to answer, anyway).

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Photos of the car in white running Tail of the Dragon

And then just crazy shots of a gun metal gray prototype that looks like it's been to Hell and back!

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This thread tracks all the latest rumours and insider info on when the car will begin production and hit dealer lots (sometime in spring 2022, by the looks of things)

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a video from Hagerty where Chip Foose tweaks the design. Personally, I think he made it worse, but I don't really like Foose's aesthetic and I'm hardly the one who's a world-famous car stylist!

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More great photos - this one has pictures and video of the SuperGT Nissan Z GT500 race car. It looks bonkers and replaces the GT-R as Nissan's entrant in this series.

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And this is fresh from earlier today - I'm pretty sure it's the first candid video of the 2023 Nissan Z being driven on public roads - certainly, it's the first time we've seen it charge across Angeles Crest. I bet The Crest will be full of these things by this time next year!

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Colors! Wondering how it looks in your preferred hue?

Exterior color options:

Interior color options:

·
Registered
401 Posts
It's a pretty cool car, no doubt. Not interested myself as I suspect it will be difficult to get into one of the Zs for less than $40k. Main reason, however, is that the GR/BRZ's power will be much more usable on the street, whereas a high horsepower car like the Z is much more likely to get you in trouble with the law. I'd much rather push a lower-powered car harder than restrain myself when driving something with a lot of horsepower. Of course, this is my older, more mature, self speaking. When I was younger I probably would've went for the Z, higher price be damned.

Also, the gun-metallic gray shown on the video of the canyon run Z is a much better gray than what Toyota/Subaru is offering IMHO.

·
Registered
669 Posts
It's a pretty cool car, no doubt. Not interested myself as I suspect it will be difficult to get into one of the Zs for less than $40k. Main reason, however, is that the GR/BRZ's power will be much more usable on the street, whereas a high horsepower car like the Z is much more likely to get you in trouble with the law. I'd much rather push a lower-powered car harder than restrain myself when driving something with a lot of horsepower. Of course, this is my older, more mature, self speaking. When I was younger I probably would've went for the Z, higher price be damned.

Also, the gun-metallic gray shown on the video of the canyon run Z is a much better gray than what Toyota/Subaru is offering IMHO.
GR86 is fast enough now to be considered that too. Lol but I get what you mean

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yeah, I suppose a GR86 will be plenty fast enough to get a person in trouble if they're not careful. Maybe it's just me, but when I drive a really fast car, I have a hard time not driving it, uh, really fast. Probably a self-restraint issue, haha. When a car has a moderate amount of power, I don't seem to have that problem for whatever reason.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yeah, I suppose a GR86 will be plenty fast enough to get a person in trouble if they're not careful. Maybe it's just me, but when I drive a really fast car, I have a hard time not driving it, uh, really fast. Probably a self-restraint issue, haha. When a car has a moderate amount of power, I don't seem to have that problem for whatever reason.
Oh I agree. 😂

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All the Z needs now is some more dramatic styling. Varis needs to get their hands on it!
Any of these work for you, @apex?

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I liked this thread speculating on whether Nissan should do a 4-cylinder version of the new Z.
Most of the folks on newnissanz.com seem to be against the idea, which I guess I understand, but for me, the aging V6, even with twin turbos is probably the least interesting part of the new car. I'd love to see Nissan do something that shows they have a plan for when the V6 can no longer pass emissions regs.

On the other end of the spectrum, the Nissan Z GT500 race car has a 4-cylinder turbo and it makes 600+ hp and sounds pretty good doing it😂

·
Registered
669 Posts
I liked this thread speculating on whether Nissan should do a 4-cylinder version of the new Z.
Most of the folks on newnissanz.com seem to be against the idea, which I guess I understand, but for me, the aging V6, even with twin turbos is probably the least interesting part of the new car. I'd love to see Nissan do something that shows they have a plan for when the V6 can no longer pass emissions regs.

On the other end of the spectrum, the Nissan Z GT500 race car has a 4-cylinder turbo and it makes 600+ hp and sounds pretty good doing it😂
Well they can’t really do anything crazy on a sports car at the moment due to their little past issues. But I think Nissan did the best they could with what they have, which is impressive.

I think since the Z is replacing the GTR in the GT500 and it’s obvious the GTR is goingoff into the sunset, we might see more updates put into the Z. Maybe the turbo 4 is possible in a next gen IF all these people who claim they’re going to buy it, you know…. Actually buy it. Lol

1 - 20 of 47 Posts