Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was watching a video on Larry Chen's GR86 build and saw his antigravity battery which reminded me that I had a brand new Odyssey PC680 I picked up for another car but didn't use. I decided to take the PC680 for my GR86 and design an adapter so I could use the stock battery strap/tie down.

The stock battery is 35 lbs I believe and the PC680 is 15 lbs plus about 1 lb for the 3D printed adapter.

I made the base of the adapter to fit inside of the stock bottom tray. I split this into 2 pieces because my 3D printer isn't big enough. This requires two M3x16mm button head screws (or something close in length), I also used some CA (super glue) to bond these to each other towards the top. I added some tabs on each side so if the fit is too tight these can be filed down.

Luggage and bags Bag Rectangle Automotive exterior Auto part

Wood Musical instrument accessory Bumper Musical instrument Automotive exterior

Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Composite material

I made an adapter for the stock battery strap/tie down. The strap/tie down fastens to the 3D printed part using two M4x10mm screws and washers (button head or socket head will work).

Hood Automotive tire Tire Tread Automotive design

Audio equipment Gas Electronic instrument Auto part Table

The upper piece has a small recess for the insert (the part in the middle) to be glued into. There is also a small spacer (the C on the right) meant to be used with the M4 screw that hangs off the edge of the stock tie down/strap.

Guitar accessory Orange Wood Guitar Musical instrument

I printed these in PETG. I tried to make this light and strong. I used 6 perimeters and 15-10% infill in the slicer settings. The adapter is about 1 lb.

Space bar Automotive design Office equipment Font Gas

Here it is all Installed and its very secure with no movement.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Wheel Automotive design

If anyone wants to print this you can find the STL here: GR86 / BRZ battery Adapter for Odyssey PC680 by HumboldtEF
If you want to print one but dont have a 3D printer just download the files and take them to a print on demand place such a Jawstec . com

NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE!

EDIT: I sized this to fit the PC680 with the metal jacket. It will still fit a battery without the jacket, it might just be a tiny bit looser fit until you strap it down.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts