Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know i'm probably in the minority, but things like this bugs me more than it should... they shoulda just kept it round !!

·
Registered
610 Posts
I wonder if its another Easter egg to do with the engine like what they did to the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe... but people are already calling them 'onigiri-shaped' fuel door, haha 🍙

·
Registered
610 Posts
maybe... but people are already calling them 'onigiri-shaped' fuel door, haha 🍙
Haha something common in Japanese culture would be cool too.

If it an actual Easter egg, then I really hope its about the engine or something core to the GR86.

·
Registered
11 Posts
it's quite simple really. the fuel door in the gr 86 is just closer to the lamp and bumper so its lines are going along with their lines. if it was oval then the surface around it would look squished and the fuel door itself would be more visible. the fuel door in the gt86 had more space around it so the oval shape didn't feel like being out of touch with the rest of the lines

·
Registered
563 Posts
it's quite simple really. the fuel door in the gr 86 is just closer to the lamp and bumper so its lines are going along with their lines. if it was oval then the surface around it would look squished and the fuel door itself would be more visible. the fuel door in the gt86 had more space around it so the oval shape didn't feel like being out of touch with the rest of the lines

View attachment 1039 View attachment 1040
That explains a lot. Thanks for pointing that out @okandrew.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Now if only I stopped associating the rear end with a Buick... I have to do some more work to my BRZ and it makes it harder to think about trading it in as a down payment for the gr86. Damn emotional attachment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i completely don't see that, wdym? i've seen a few comments on tt stating that the rear looks like a insignia, which is rebranded regal. these comments looked funny for me but i guess you're saying the same thing. if it comes to the "broken" line of the leds then it is a pretty common, basic shape. if anything 86 lamps kind of reminded me of the last saab 9-5, still it's a completely different look and it doesn't bother me at all but if i had to compare it to something then that would be it

1 - 20 of 34 Posts