Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Toyota GR86 Premium 6MT Raven Black, 2003 VW GTI VR6 6MT Reflex Silver
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cool new video with a possibly handy easter egg. Also, LMFAO at about 8:22 in the video "So these are not the best, but... they are the cheapest"

·
Registered
339 Posts
In regards to the gas lid stuff, it's far more likely that Subaru thought of it. This car reminds me of my old Subarus in how well thought out it is and that it feels durable and unfazed. Even the tractor engine sound is familiar, though the torque delivery is a lot different. Mine might have the Toyota name on it, but I consider this to be my fourth Subaru. I have never owned one with AWD or door window frames.

I wonder how much the strut bar actually helps. On my '90 Legacy wagon, the front seemed to work a little (though not a great help as it increased understeer a touch), but the rear really made a difference, especially as I preloaded it a bit. Not only did it eliminate a couple of squeaks, but it functioned like putting in a bigger antiroll bar and was useful for securing a tool box to go to a meet at a track or a spare EJ22T engine I drove back from Maine (could barely tell it was there).

I can't believe I never picked up on the lid shape aping the headlight covers on the 2000GT, but the razor cut of the front fenders is another detail from that car. If I felt the need for big fog lights, I'd try to integrate them into the grille like the 2000GT.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts