·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Car

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car

October 4, 2021 — TORRANCE, Calif.
Development of the best performing Honda Civic Type R ever continues. The all-new Civic Type R will be introduced in 2022. #HondaCivic #TypeR
About Honda
Honda offers a full line of clean, safe, fun and connected vehicles sold through more than 1,000 independent U.S. Honda dealers. Honda has the highest fleet average fuel economy and lowest CO2 emissions of any major full-line automaker in America, according to the latest data from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The Honda lineup includes the Civic, Insight, Accord and Clarity series passenger cars, along with the HR-V, CR-V, Passport and Pilot sport utility vehicles, the Ridgeline pickup and the Odyssey minivan. Honda's electrified vehicle lineup includes the Accord Hybrid, CR-V Hybrid, Insight hybrid-electric sedan, and the Clarity Fuel Cell and Clarity Plug-In Hybrid.
Honda has been producing automobiles in America for 38 years and currently operates 18 major manufacturing facilities in North America. In 2020, more than 95 percent of all Honda vehicles sold in the U.S. were made in North America, using domestic and globally sourced parts.
More information about Honda is available in the Digital Fact Book.

·
Registered
399 Posts
The GR86 doesn’t compete with that car really but it’s interesting to see what’s in store for Honda. They’re really trying to pull things together in their lineup for the enthusiasts and this car will lead the way (dealership markup included)

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The GR86 doesn’t compete with that car really but it’s interesting to see what’s in store for Honda. They’re really trying to pull things together in their lineup for the enthusiasts and this car will lead the way (dealership markup included)
If it competes for my money it is the competition :ROFLMAO: this new CT-R will be marked up guaranteed. lol

·
Registered
399 Posts
If it competes for my money it is the competition :ROFLMAO: this new CT-R will be marked up guaranteed. lol
Well sure, but as far as price range and performance, the CTR is just on a different level. This new one will look good too.

Wait…. you always talk about how expensive those type of cars are anyways 🤣

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well sure, but as far as price range and performance, the CTR is just on a different level. This new one will look good too.

Wait…. you always talk about how expensive those type of cars are anyways 🤣
Yeah, but everyone has a different budget. lol. I tend to put commercially Sport cars all in one basket separate from Supercars and family cars lol.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yeah, but everyone has a different budget. lol. I tend to put commercially Sport cars all in one basket separate from Supercars and family cars lol.
Hey I don’t want to hear anything when the Corolla Trueno’s real grandson comes then. 😂 just kidding.

Appreciate the find though, now we finally see the basic shape of the new CTR, I think the car looks way better then the previous gen. Some of my friends will probably consider it over the Integra.

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey I don’t want to hear anything when the Corolla Trueno’s real grandson comes then. 😂 just kidding.

Appreciate the find though, now we finally see the basic shape of the new CTR, I think the car looks way better then the previous gen. Some of my friends will probably consider it over the Integra.
We will have to see what the Teggy will be! Acura still might surprise us. But what if the Teggy is just the base Civic Hatch but modified front and rear to become the Integra? :unsure: It all fits, both FF, both are 4 door hatches.. both are FROM Honda... LOL.

·
Registered
399 Posts
We will have to see what the Teggy will be! Acura still might surprise us. But what if the Teggy is just the base Civic Hatch but modified front and rear to become the Integra? :unsure: It all fits, both FF, both are 4 door hatches.. both are FROM Honda... LOL.
That’s what I’m kinda curious about, so far it’s literally a civic clone like the previous cars. Hopefully they can make it exciting enough or unique enough.

·
Super Moderator
313 Posts
Always been a fan of hondas type r's. Such a brilliant engineering company when they decide to go the extra mile.

Alongside Yamaha they are spectacular at engineering hi performance engines.

I.... am unhappy they gave up on NA though, and really impressed that Subaru/Toyota did not.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Always been a fan of hondas type r's. Such a brilliant engineering company when they decide to go the extra mile.

Alongside Yamaha they are spectacular at engineering hi performance engines.

I.... am unhappy they gave up on NA though, and really impressed that Subaru/Toyota did not.
I think both NA and Forced induction has their place. The Type R kind of needed the extra performance whereas the Si should’ve stayed NA in my honest opinion.
As far as Toyota I know they try to do NA for reliability reasons but then I get confused when their premier high performance engine away from Lexus, is a turbo 3 cylinder.

·
Registered
592 Posts
View attachment 2490
View attachment 2491

October 4, 2021 — TORRANCE, Calif.
Development of the best performing Honda Civic Type R ever continues. The all-new Civic Type R will be introduced in 2022. #HondaCivic #TypeR
About Honda
Honda offers a full line of clean, safe, fun and connected vehicles sold through more than 1,000 independent U.S. Honda dealers. Honda has the highest fleet average fuel economy and lowest CO2 emissions of any major full-line automaker in America, according to the latest data from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The Honda lineup includes the Civic, Insight, Accord and Clarity series passenger cars, along with the HR-V, CR-V, Passport and Pilot sport utility vehicles, the Ridgeline pickup and the Odyssey minivan. Honda's electrified vehicle lineup includes the Accord Hybrid, CR-V Hybrid, Insight hybrid-electric sedan, and the Clarity Fuel Cell and Clarity Plug-In Hybrid.
Honda has been producing automobiles in America for 38 years and currently operates 18 major manufacturing facilities in North America. In 2020, more than 95 percent of all Honda vehicles sold in the U.S. were made in North America, using domestic and globally sourced parts.
More information about Honda is available in the Digital Fact Book.

Even before the markups the Type R is out of my price range but what I'm most interested in is whether or not Honda reclaims it's Nürburgring lap record from Renault.

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can’t wait until the GR Corolla beats this thing though. 🤣

Toyota is about to have something for every Honda performance offering.

Si? GR86
Type R/Integra? GR Corolla/GR Yaris
TLX Type S? Lexus IS500
That's how it usually works lol. The more competition the better, means the car manufacturers are still making these cars instead of SUVs lol. Where would the GR Supra fit in though?

·
Registered
399 Posts
That's how it usually works lol. The more competition the better, means the car manufacturers are still making these cars instead of SUVs lol. Where would the GR Supra fit in though?
Honda doesn’t have a Supra fighter.

Supra‘a competition is the Corvette, base model Boxter/Cayman, and at a stretch maybe the Lotus Emira.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts