Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, spy photos emerged of the new GR86 testing. Today, we have filled in the shape and illustrated how the new GR86 will likely look with what should be the most accurate rendering yet. Which color is your favorite?

new-86-rendering

new-brz-rendering

second-gen-86-rendering

2022-toyota-gr86-renderings

2022-gt86-rendering

brz sti rendering

2023-86-rendering

·
Registered
78 Posts
Exactly what I'm hoping for. I'm definitely getting one if it looks as good as this. The production car will probably have more wheel gap and need some spacers to push out the wheels for that stance. Easily done.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Exactly what I'm hoping for. I'm definitely getting one if it looks as good as this. The production car will probably have more wheel gap and need some spacers to push out the wheels for that stance. Easily done.
It will, the new design mixes in more MKV Supra design DNA and of course with that the classic 2000GT. I hope we get some standard Supra colors and even a Launch Edition GR86 similar color scheme.

• Phantom Matte Gray.
  • Absolute Zero White.
  • Tungsten Silver.
  • Turbulence Gray.
  • Renaissance Red 2.0.
  • Nitro Yellow.
  • Nocturnal Black.
  • Downshift Blue.

·
Registered
181 Posts
100%. The wheels won't be as big either. Those are probably 19s in that rendering. Heck, they look like 20s.

·
Registered
78 Posts
100%. The wheels won't be as big either. Those are probably 19s in that rendering. Heck, they look like 20s.
I'm hoping for 17" or 18" wheels again so the wheels aren't too heavy (I'd love a factory forged wheel option!) and so tires aren't too expensive. The 2020 86 currently comes from the factory with 17" or 18" wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The sharp lines on the hood next to the head lights are wrong. Also the sharp shape on the front fender on top of the wheel is not on the spy shots.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It would seem to me that the 86 would have some clearer Supra styling ques front and rear. I think the mule driving around looks more BRZ to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It would seem to me that the 86 would have some clearer Supra styling ques front and rear. I think the mule driving around looks more BRZ to me.
doesn’t look like subaru styling. I think this is toyota. It doesn’t have to look like the supra plus the rear trunk part has obvious influences from the supra.

im sure the only visual difference between the gr86 and brz will only be the front bumper

·
Registered
136 Posts

The side view screams Toyota for me. That front end from the side definitely has the Supra DNA and the rear has a slight look.

Plus in this picture it really looks like the mule has a Toyota badge(its the right size) and the GR badge on the lower RH side of trunk(right where the supra has it and looks the same size and shape).
I defenitly say its the 86. You have to blow the picture up by clicking on it and you can see the badges better.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Plus in this picture it really looks like the mule has a Toyota badge(its the right size) and the GR badge on the lower RH side of trunk(right where the supra has it and looks the same size and shape). I defenitly say its the 86. You have to blow the picture up by clicking on it and you can see the badges better.
Wow, you really can see the badges. I didn't notice that before, thanks for pointing that out. I'm amazed that the camo wrapping crew wrapped right over the badges instead of removing the badges before the wrap.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Wow, you really can see the badges. I didn't notice that before, thanks for pointing that out. I'm amazed that the camo wrapping crew wrapped right over the badges instead of removing the badges before the wrap.
Yeah and it’s even more pronounced on the picture from Japan, made me realize there’s an additional small badge to GR badge, looks to me like the small circular 86 badge.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts