Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i Just got my new BRZ limited MT in silver yesterday, but I’ve been following this forum for months. Thanks for all the great info. Here are some of my observations.

1) It pays to shop around. Before I ordered the car, I spent 2 days calling lots of dealers looking for their best price. I finally ended up at 2% below invoice or $2400 below MSRP. Yes, I had to drive 250 miles to pick up the car, but it was well worth the drive.
2) The southeast US may get cars more quickly than some other regions. I ordered the car on 10-29 and got the VON a few minutes later. The car was built on 11-18. Car arrived at port of Brunswick Ga. on 12-14 and I picked up 12-17.
A total of 48 days from ordering to purchase.
3) The homelink mirror was installed at port and works great with garage doors.

I’m trying to break in the car properly, but I already have 300 miles on it from yesterday. Driving that distance following break in instructions made for a long day. And, the stereo sounds way better than many have described.

Looking forward to some spirited driving!

·
Registered
117 Posts
i Just got my new BRZ limited MT in silver yesterday, but I’ve been following this forum for months. Thanks for all the great info. Here are some of my observations.

1) It pays to shop around. Before I ordered the car, I spent 2 days calling lots of dealers looking for their best price. I finally ended up at 2% below invoice or $2400 below MSRP. Yes, I had to drive 250 miles to pick up the car, but it was well worth the drive.
2) The southeast US may get cars more quickly than some other regions. I ordered the car on 10-29 and got the VON a few minutes later. The car was built on 11-18. Car arrived at port of Brunswick Ga. on 12-14 and I picked up 12-17.
A total of 48 days from ordering to purchase.
3) The homelink mirror was installed at port and works great with garage doors.

I’m trying to break in the car properly, but I already have 300 miles on it from yesterday. Driving that distance following break in instructions made for a long day. And, the stereo sounds way better than many have described.

Looking forward to some spirited driving!
Wow, great job! What was your tactic for getting them to go lower than MSRP and how did you figure out the invoice price? Do you by any chance have anything in writing that you could screenshot?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NadaGuides.com let’s you configure any new car and shows MSRP and Invoice. I really didn’t think of it as a strategy. I’m an older guy and just told them I was looking for toy car to play with.

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

·
Registered
1 Posts
Which dealership did you purchase from? I'm in the southeast as well and am looking for the best dealership to order from. Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Search Subaru dealers near Charlotte NC. That will put you on the right path.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts