Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!! Been lurking on this site for awhile now and figured it was about time I joined.

I plan on being one of the unorthodox people purchasing a GR86 in the middle of Michigan winter (if they become available that soon) or whenever it does get shipped over here. Will be my first new car purchase ever. I work as a Software Engineer remotely up here and figured it was the perfect excuse to get a fun car for the times I do drive.

I currently drive a 2005 Subaru Outback LLBean Edition (why was this a thing?) that I threw a low mileage engine in last year. Plan on using that as the winter car. Been working on subies with my father for years now.

Look forward to being a part of the community!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Welcome!

Reactions: koopa and Blighty

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hello everyone!! Been lurking on this site for awhile now and figured it was about time I joined.

I plan on being one of the unorthodox people purchasing a GR86 in the middle of Michigan winter (if they become available that soon) or whenever it does get shipped over here. Will be my first new car purchase ever. I work as a Software Engineer remotely up here and figured it was the perfect excuse to get a fun car for the times I do drive.

I currently drive a 2005 Subaru Outback LLBean Edition (why was this a thing?) that I threw a low mileage engine in last year. Plan on using that as the winter car. Been working on subies with my father for years now.

Look forward to being a part of the community!
Welcome to the forum guys!

@koopa since you're in Michigan, have you thought about getting winter tires for your GR86?

@Stonehorsw How did you spec your BRZ? When are you expecting to get yours?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum guys!

@koopa since you're in Michigan, have you thought about getting winter tires for your GR86?

@Stonehorsw How did you spec your BRZ? When are you expecting to get yours?
I am planning on keeping it out of the snow as much as possible. I hate what the salt up here does to cars.

With that being said if my other car dies and I’m left with this as a winter car for a bit, I’d consider it. I’m sure the snow would be a ton of fun with this car and some solid snow tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts