Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Premium MT in Halo White
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After much research, excited to put down a deposit on a GR86 Premium with a Manual, in Halo White!

Coming from a first gen Miata dedicated fun toy and a MK7 VW GTI daily. I have been a pretty avid autocrosser for the last few seasons, and have just started enjoying occasional track days in the last year. (Super excited for free NASA membership and a free track day that come with the car)

What's even more exciting is that two of my best autocross buddies have simultaneously put down deposits on the same car, just in a different colors. They are both upgrading from first gen Miatas as well (our cars in the picture below).

Look forward to learning more about the platform, and contributing to this community!

A few snaps of my toys from this last season:
Car Vehicle Tire Sky Hood

Wheel Tire Car Sky Land vehicle

Wheel Car Cloud Tire Land vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Hood

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! I live in Boston as well. Ordered a BRZ and expect it in a few weeks. Where did you order it and what's your ETA? I like 86 front face with Halo white but I just cannot wait one more day. Hope to meet you on tracks!
I was between BRZ and GR86 for last 2 weeks too, but the looks, little details, and funner nature of the GR86 finally won me over. No ETA yet as local dealers have not received allocations yet, but it will likely be January or February. I am ok waiting even longer as I still have Miata taking up the garage space till Spring.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome!

I had a MK6/MK7 as well and still have my NC3.

And I could have sworn I've seen that miata before....
Medway?! I am on 495 a lot between Devens, my parents in Grafton, and home in Plainville.
I loved my GTI but I don't commute anymore, and fwd just doesn't do it for me as a fun car anymore. The dealer paid a lot for it too. Also feel like I hit a plateau with the Miata, so I am super excited for this new GR86 adventure.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Yup, Medway. May have been on 495 somewhere! But i used to live out in Charlton - so could have been around Grafton as well.

And yeah - I loved my GTI(s) as well, but needed a SUV for a spell for more room, then I bought a Wagon for a daily.. so now I can buy another fun car for autocross with my partner, etc. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, Medway. May have been on 495 somewhere! But i used to live out in Charlton - so could have been around Grafton as well.

And yeah - I loved my GTI(s) as well, but needed a SUV for a spell for more room, then I bought a Wagon for a daily.. so now I can buy another fun car for autocross with my partner, etc. :)
Cool! Lmk if you want to get down to Devens for some autocross in the Spring. There will be plenty of GR86/BRZ I can tell already

·
Registered
pending purchase either GR86/BRZ
1 Posts
I was between BRZ and GR86 for last 2 weeks too, but the looks, little details, and funner nature of the GR86 finally won me over. No ETA yet as local dealers have not received allocations yet, but it will likely be January or February. I am ok waiting even longer as I still have Miata taking up the garage space till Spring.
Welcome! I live in Boston as well. Ordered a BRZ and expect it in a few weeks. Where did you order it and what's your ETA? I like 86 front face with Halo white but I just cannot wait one more day. Hope to meet you on tracks!
Hi all,

After much research, excited to put down a deposit on a GR86 Premium with a Manual, in Halo White!

Coming from a first gen Miata dedicated fun toy and a MK7 VW GTI daily. I have been a pretty avid autocrosser for the last few seasons, and have just started enjoying occasional track days in the last year. (Super excited for free NASA membership and a free track day that come with the car)

What's even more exciting is that two of my best autocross buddies have simultaneously put down deposits on the same car, just in a different colors. They are both upgrading from first gen Miatas as well (our cars in the picture below).

Look forward to learning more about the platform, and contributing to this community!

A few snaps of my toys from this last season:
View attachment 2989
View attachment 2990
View attachment 2992
View attachment 2993
View attachment 2991
Yeah! Can't wait to get out some events with you again.
where did you order your GR86?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts