A source in Japan leaked this info on the 2022 Toyota GR86 and Subaru BRZ:
- both models will debut March 2021 (Geneva Motor Show?) and arrive during Spring
- Subaru will stop taking orders for the 2020 BRZ in next month or when current inventory is gone.
- the new Subaru Global Platform (SGP) that both models will share can accommodate AWD and RWD setups
- wheelbase and body will be the same size
- suspension to be front/struts and rear/double-wishbone
- a turbocharged BRZ/GR86 will not happen
- Subaru's naturally aspirated FA24 2.4-liter Boxer will power both models
- power output is said to be 217 horsepower and 177 lb-ft
- transmission options to include a 6-speed manual gearbox and eight-speed automatic
- and the latest driver-assistive technologies both brands offer
The next-generation 2021 Subaru BRZ - Toyota GR86 is coming into focus. Check out the new information leaked from Japan.