Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 toyota GR86 Base MT Trueno Blue
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!, so this is going to be my first 86 come January 24th-29th, getting a Base Trueno blue, MT all weather package at MSRP. I currently have a Boss 302 I'm selling for mine, I also have my track car a turbo NB miata, Ive owned a supercharged C7 corvette, 04 mach 1 mustang, 13 GT mustang, and I know it may seem crazy to want to get a GR but honestly I think the car looks perfect. I live in the curvy mountains of KY and fast cars are fun but honestly owning my miata really changed my perspective on cars that I enjoy. Also scared the Sh!t out of my brother in law who has an E36 M3 in that car lol. I have also been going to local SCCA's throughout the country where I lived at the times (Prior Air Force) and have to say that really was where I enjoyed my cars the most. Cant wait to get the car, plan on lowering on coilovers possibly Godspeed or BC racing, get a catback exhaust and UEL once tuning is available, and some APEX ARC-8 wheels. cant wait! Thanks for the add and cant wait to talk to you all on here!

·
Registered
2022 Pavement GR86 , 2019 Shelby GT350R
959 Posts
Hey everyone!, so this is going to be my first 86 come January 24th-29th, getting a Base Trueno blue, MT all weather package at MSRP. I currently have a Boss 302 I'm selling for mine, I also have my track car a turbo NB miata, Ive owned a supercharged C7 corvette, 04 mach 1 mustang, 13 GT mustang, and I know it may seem crazy to want to get a GR but honestly I think the car looks perfect. I live in the curvy mountains of KY and fast cars are fun but honestly owning my miata really changed my perspective on cars that I enjoy. Also scared the Sh!t out of my brother in law who has an E36 M3 in that car lol. I have also been going to local SCCA's throughout the country where I lived at the times (Prior Air Force) and have to say that really was where I enjoyed my cars the most. Cant wait to get the car, plan on lowering on coilovers possibly Godspeed or BC racing, get a catback exhaust and UEL once tuning is available, and some APEX ARC-8 wheels. cant wait! Thanks for the add and cant wait to talk to you all on here!
Welcome to the party, pal! great car, and sharp color!

·
Registered
22 Trueno Blue
266 Posts
I actually Worked at the ford dealership in Richmond and was able to get the Toyota dealership (Toyota South) we own to get me one at MSRP, couldn't get below since I don't work there anymore.
Twins!!! I lost my NB2 on Freeway but boy i missed her. You might be familiar of this since you work at Ford, the GR86 clutch had been bugging me since i got it. Of course it can be taking extra care and attention but I went ahead and removed the springs behind the clutch pedal and viola... my GR drives like a normal car now, also something I'm very used to (miata) . IMO, adjusting exhaust tips and taking springs off should be the 1st thing to do for any enthusiast.

·
Registered
2022 toyota GR86 Base MT Trueno Blue
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awe man!! Sorry to hear that about the NB2 glad you're alright though! And I'm actually 90% wrapped up on my turbo build been piecing a whole thing and doing it all myself over time "helped sell it to the wife" lol but man I honestly am just excited to have this car man, I'm sure you can relate, and good notes on the clutch spring I wouldn't have even thought of that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.