Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I see the resemblance.
If Toyobaru is really picking stuff the older concepts then I hope we also get a targa top.

They also have this Supra concept going to SEMA 2020

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes I see it as well especially in terms of the styling elements. The flatter front fenders, the more squared off
headlights, the reverse front grill,the slit behind the front wheels,and the flatter longer rear deck. All those elements are in the new BRZ/86. I really like the targa look and I hope that Subaru and Toyota will at least offer this as an additional model. The design also shows where Toyota could take the 86 to differentiate it from the BRZ. Example. The front grill is still a reverse grill but it is smaller yet with larger side intakes. The hood fenders are less pronounced. The rear tailights don't wrap around like they do in the BRZ mule. Interesting.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes I see it as well especially in terms of the styling elements. The flatter front fenders, the more squared off
headlights, the reverse front grill,the slit behind the front wheels,and the flatter longer rear deck. All those elements are in the new BRZ/86. I really like the targa look and I hope that Subaru and Toyota will at least offer this as an additional model. The design also shows where Toyota could take the 86 to differentiate it from the BRZ. Example. The front grill is still a reverse grill but it is smaller yet with larger side intakes. The hood fenders are less pronounced. The rear tailights don't wrap around like they do in the BRZ mule. Interesting.
That will be very interesting if Toyota decides to give the 86 a different design than the BRZ. It'd be great for some sibling rivalry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts