Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
VW Scirocco Viper Green
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soon I'll have to pre-order my future GR86 and I'm still very undecided about the color.
The only 2 colors that I find interesting for my tastes are Trueno and Neptune Blue.

Trueno:
It looks very dark to me, although it changes a lot from the photos in the sun to those in the shade. In the sun it is a gorgeous color, a pearly mix of blue and purple. I like very much. In the shade, however, it is a very dark blue, almost dull. In the shadows, the lines seem to be lost

Pro:
Pearly, iridescent color even if you look at it very closely​
Wide possibility of customization and combination with other colors for graphics or tuning (bronze or white rims, white roof, red, lime green or fluorescent yellow details etc.)​
Cons:
Dark color, inconspicuous and not very original.​
The design of the curves of the body doesn't stand out on the dark colors.​
Any understated body kit won't be noticed much​

Neptune:
Light color, youthful, rather original even if in the various photos found on the net it's very different from photo to photo.
It's not clear to me the exact shade of this color and any reflections or plays of light produced by this finish.
It looks to all intents and purposes a pastel color, full, without pearlescent or metallic effects. It seems a rather "mundane" color in its simplicity.
In some photos it looks like a light blue with electric and bright tones. In other photos it seems the color used in the bathroom of the boys in the children's schools, a light blue and rather washed out and discolored. It doesn't seem to vary much based on the light but more perhaps based on the camera's setting tone?

Pro:
Seemingly less sophisticated and less complex quality color - easier to repaint and fix in case of damage​
Very flashy and youthful, it lends itself well to elaborate and aggressive cars​
Any body kit will be prominently displayed​
Cons:
Color too different from photo to photo to be evaluated objectively.​
Highly coveted and requested color, therefore potentially unoriginal​

Can any of the owners of good cheer do me the courtesy to take some photos, even very close, to these 2 colors and post them below?
Collect as much as possible so that anyone who wants to deepen and understand the shades of these colors will be able to have clearer ideas about it

Thanks so much indeed to anyone will help me on this deep study 馃槄

Registered
Damn I hope I can preorder the car soon too :p

Personally I've decided I'll stick with white, after having my current car which is black, I want something that is more "fresh" under the sun, and also I plan to wrap it and white will be the best looking combination for what I have in mind.

Have you seen the video from a japanese channel that shows all the color variants properly? You can get a better idea with that video.

If you want your car to be noticed get the neptune, otherwise the trueno blue looks awesome under the sun, while being "normal" in other conditions. You can always get it fully wrapped to protect the paint and so on :)

Registered
Damn I hope I can preorder the car soon too :p

Personally I've decided I'll stick with white, after having my current car which is black, I want something that is more "fresh" under the sun, and also I plan to wrap it and white will be the best looking combination for what I have in mind.

Have you seen the video from a japanese channel that shows all the color variants properly? You can get a better idea with that video.

If you want your car to be noticed get the neptune, otherwise the trueno blue looks awesome under the sun, while being "normal" in other conditions. You can always get it fully wrapped to protect the paint and so on :)
Yeah, I was on the fence between Neptune Blue and Halo White for along time. But in the end, I think I'll end up with Halo White, I had it before (it's simple but looks nice especially with the flakes in the sun), I really don't want to stand out with Neptune Blue, I find that having a bright color/or standing out most likely brings bad things to your car from other people(jealous or just some reason to do something to your car, IMO you know).

Registered
Awaiting a 2022 GR86 premium in Trueno blue
Like OP I was a little on fence between the 2 blues as well.
Definitely knew I want a colour and not just a shade.
Not too into bright red cars, so that left me with the blues.

Neptune a little to "hey look at me!" for myself so trueno is my choice.

If you don't care about the fact Neptune is flashy, then there's also the thought of it being a little bit of a trendy colour and may not be "cool" many years down the road, trueno is just a blue that will be fine forever imo.

Registered
VW Scirocco Viper Green
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like OP I was a little on fence between the 2 blues as well.
Definitely knew I want a colour and not just a shade.
Not too into bright red cars, so that left me with the blues.

Neptune a little to "hey look at me!" for myself so trueno is my choice.

If you don't care about the fact Neptune is flashy, then there's also the thought of it being a little bit of a trendy colour and may not be "cool" many years down the road, trueno is just a blue that will be fine forever imo.
This is exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks for your considerations, absolutely shareable. Before deciding definitively, however, I would really like to be able to see some zoom photos on the Neptune color because I think it may still have some changes for me

Registered
I put a deposit down on a Neptune blue. Was on the fence about white, classic and clean but my last two cars have been white and I just wanted some color. Trueno was interesting at first but I'm not personally a fan of the purple hue. If it was just straight Navy I probably would have gone with it. Neptune being "trendy" was a concern but it's pretty close to BMW's Laguna seca, and Porsche's Shark blue so I think it'll stay relevant as a sports car color

Premium Member
I put a deposit down on a Neptune blue. Was on the fence about white, classic and clean but my last two cars have been white and I just wanted some color. Trueno was interesting at first but I'm not personally a fan of the purple hue. If it was just straight Navy I probably would have gone with it. Neptune being "trendy" was a concern but it's pretty close to BMW's Laguna seca, and Porsche's Shark blue so I think it'll stay relevant as a sports car color
This is exactly what I wanted it - I love Laguna Seca, Marina blue, etc on the BMW's and love the same shades on other cars.

Hopefully mine gets here in the next few weeks.

More neutral colors allow for more 'fun' color customization in wheel options though, so there's that. Unless you want to wrap it.

Registered
This was a dilema for me as well, I wanted a color and not a fan of red. I lean heavily to the neptune. It just looks more interesting. There are a boat load of cars in dark blue metallic out there, but only a handful of light blue ones.

Registered
VW Scirocco Viper Green
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
In these photos, the Neptune seems always the same hue, always an electric light blue.

http://instagr.am/p/CYEnya1FZpp/
In other photos instead, the hue is very variable and pass from electric light blue, to a washed out light and shy blue...

I'm very hesitant 馃槄

The possibility of color not going out of style doesn't bother me at all.
I got a VW Scirocco viper green 12 years ago when viper green was definitely not in fashion but I loved it as a color until the last day I had it.

So I'm not interested in color fashion, but I want a color that doesn't tire me and bore me over time and I'm Neptune looks right even though I really like the purple reflections of Trueno

It's really difficult 馃槄 but thx to all for your consideration and tips 馃槣

Registered
Soon I'll have to pre-order my future GR86 and I'm still very undecided about the color.
The only 2 colors that I find interesting for my tastes are Trueno and Neptune Blue.

Trueno:
It looks very dark to me, although it changes a lot from the photos in the sun to those in the shade. In the sun it is a gorgeous color, a pearly mix of blue and purple. I like very much. In the shade, however, it is a very dark blue, almost dull. In the shadows, the lines seem to be lost

Pro:
Pearly, iridescent color even if you look at it very closely​
Wide possibility of customization and combination with other colors for graphics or tuning (bronze or white rims, white roof, red, lime green or fluorescent yellow details etc.)​
Cons:
Dark color, inconspicuous and not very original.​
The design of the curves of the body doesn't stand out on the dark colors.​
Any understated body kit won't be noticed much​

Neptune:
Light color, youthful, rather original even if in the various photos found on the net it's very different from photo to photo.
It's not clear to me the exact shade of this color and any reflections or plays of light produced by this finish.
It looks to all intents and purposes a pastel color, full, without pearlescent or metallic effects. It seems a rather "mundane" color in its simplicity.
In some photos it looks like a light blue with electric and bright tones. In other photos it seems the color used in the bathroom of the boys in the children's schools, a light blue and rather washed out and discolored. It doesn't seem to vary much based on the light but more perhaps based on the camera's setting tone?

Pro:
Seemingly less sophisticated and less complex quality color - easier to repaint and fix in case of damage​
Very flashy and youthful, it lends itself well to elaborate and aggressive cars​
Any body kit will be prominently displayed​
Cons:
Color too different from photo to photo to be evaluated objectively.​
Highly coveted and requested color, therefore potentially unoriginal​

Can any of the owners of good cheer do me the courtesy to take some photos, even very close, to these 2 colors and post them below?
Collect as much as possible so that anyone who wants to deepen and understand the shades of these colors will be able to have clearer ideas about it

Thanks so much indeed to anyone will help me on this deep study 馃槄
Damn dude I have exactly the same thoughts.. I鈥檓 currently checking every video with both Colors in it and I still can鈥檛 decide. The Japanese video with all Color鈥檚 in it left me tending more toward grey and black again. On the other hand a sports car shouldn鈥檛 be in so called boring Color鈥檚.
And I like blue cars. But the trueno blue is easier to get accepted by Mission Control 馃樁

Registered
Hopefully I'll get my car soon but I'm still between Halo White and Neptune Blue. Pretty much whatever color they get 1st is going to be my color lol.

And I never got why Halo cost more but Tureno and other colors have the Pearl in the paint as well do not lol.

Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
I still think the red looks really good. But each to his own, if you are going top spec with the black rims I'd pick a lighter colour that shows off the contrast.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts