Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically the title. Anyone get the GR86 at MSRP in AZ? Currently have an appointment this Saturday at Bell Road Toyota and hope they don’t mark up the price.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I called some of them:
Avondale has none %100
Riverview has none (That I have seen but normally lots of add ons)
Camelback has none that I'm aware of (Where mine should be here soon)
Larry H Miller has mark ups
Earnhardt has none that I'm aware of
Bell road has none that I'm aware of

Which one are you planning on getting? Red or Halo White?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called some of them:
Avondale has none %100
Riverview has none (That I have seen but normally lots of add ons)
Camelback has none that I'm aware of (Where mine should be here soon)
Larry H Miller has mark ups
Earnhardt has none that I'm aware of
Bell road has none that I'm aware of

Which one are you planning on getting? Red or Halo White?
I’d like a Red Automatic. Bell Road is getting a Red and Halo between Feb 2-7.
Apparently Avondale has a waiting list and requires a deposit but I’m not sure if it’s refundable. I was thinking of trading in my 2016 Lancer towards one.
If it doesn’t work out then Camelback Subaru has some auto’s coming in May.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Apparently Avondale has a waiting list and requires a deposit but I’m not sure if it’s refundable. I was thinking of trading in my 2016 Lancer towards one.
I wasn't sure if the one at Camelback was going to make it or not so I put a deposit on Avondale. There is a list but if you're ok with a AT, you get bumped up since everyone wants a MT, when I called last week, 25 on the list but I was #2 since I wanted a AT but now I won't need it anymore and sales guy told me it is refundable.

·
Registered
2022 White BRZ
214 Posts
I live in AZ, and though I purchased a BRZ, here's what I can say worked for me. First, this is all assuming you will special order, and dont need one right this instance where you walk on the lot/take one home same day.

1.) don't call, don't text, don't do it in person. Email email email.
2.) Ask for all the things you want in your car, and tell them to email you an OTD price with TTL included.
3.) once they send you the first offer, you should get 2 documents that look something like these (see attached).
4.) start telling them to take all the shit off that you dont need. some of the dealers around here put "nitrogen in the tires" and "window tint" that costs $1,000. they are all gimmics and tell em to take it off. the stuff on mine is as bare-bone as you can get it in AZ from what I understand.
5.) email the next dealer and tell them what you were previously offered and start a bidding war.
6.) repeat step 5 as many times as possible
7.) once you are happy, make sure you have a legit document with everything signed (not an email that simply says "ill go $500 lower than any of the competition"), and you are ready to roll!

The beautiful thing of being in the greater phoenix area is you have multiple dealerships you can do this with. And this is all fair game. I ended up getting from $41K on my initial offer (technically it was some $43k bullshit with "nitrogen" and "window tint" but you ask them to take it off) to what you see attached which is $35K OTD. Im happy, as it is a fair deal.

Now, my order says itll be here feb 19th, so I have yet to pick it up. I have this slightly irrational fear that they are going to try to pull some shit last minute to get the price to go up. Atleast I have a papertrail though and am ready to walk away should they try something. But so far, the person I have spoken to has been good.

That said, I suggest big two toyota in chandler for a start. Had a friend that worked there and he said as far as car salesmen go, they, and i quote, "are the least sleazy" lol.

hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in AZ, and though I purchased a BRZ, here's what I can say worked for me. First, this is all assuming you will special order, and dont need one right this instance where you walk on the lot/take one home same day.

2.) Ask for all the things you want in your car, and tell them to email you an OTD price with TTL included.
3.) once they send you the first offer, you should get 2 documents that look something like these (see attached).
4.) start telling them to take all the shit off that you dont need. some of the dealers around here put "nitrogen in the tires" and "window tint" that costs $1,000. they are all gimmics and tell em to take it off. the stuff on mine is as bare-bone as you can get it in AZ from what I understand.
5.) email the next dealer and tell them what you were previously offered and start a bidding war.
7.) once you are happy, make sure you have a legit document with everything signed (not an email that simply says "ill go $500 lower than any of the competition"), and you are ready to roll!

The beautiful thing of being in the greater phoenix area is you have multiple dealerships you can do this with. And this is all fair game. I ended up getting from $41K on my initial offer (technically it was some $43k bullshit with "nitrogen" and "window tint" but you ask them to take it off) to what you see attached which is $35K OTD. Im happy, as it is a fair deal.

Now, my order says itll be here feb 19th, so I have yet to pick it up. I have this slightly irrational fear that they are going to try to pull some shit last minute to get the price to go up. Atleast I have a papertrail though and am ready to walk away should they try something. But so far, the person I have spoken to has been good.

That said, I suggest big two toyota in chandler for a start. Had a friend that worked there and he said as far as car salesmen go, they, and i quote, "are the least sleazy" lol.

hope this helps
Please give me an update when you pick it up. I’m not in a hurry to get one so I should take my time as my car is perfectly fine. If I gotta wait till end of year or next year that’ll be okay. I wouldn’t mind getting the BRZ if I get a better deal but I plan on financing so we’ll see how that goes. Another thing I’ll have to consider is what they’ll offer me for my trade in. I might get more selling it to Carvana over trading it in at the dealer.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Precision Toyota in Tucson has a red base auto coming soon, the sales told me two weeks ago. They are doing MSRP, but charge window tint package. I would avoid Camelback Subaru, they were doing 3k mark up on a BRZ last time I saw, the sales try to avoid email communication, big no go for me. My BRZ was ordered at Subaru Super Store in Chandler, coming some time this month, but I think SOA closed all BRZ order, so getting a GR86 will be much quicker especially 6AT.

·
Registered
2022 White BRZ
214 Posts
Please give me an update when you pick it up. I’m not in a hurry to get one so I should take my time as my car is perfectly fine. If I gotta wait till end of year or next year that’ll be okay. I wouldn’t mind getting the BRZ if I get a better deal but I plan on financing so we’ll see how that goes. Another thing I’ll have to consider is what they’ll offer me for my trade in. I might get more selling it to Carvana over trading it in at the dealer.
Just got my BRZ today (9 days early).
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

And I can't believe I'm about to say this, but that was an amazing car buying experience. Who the hell even says that?

No bullshit, straight to the point, polite, answered all my questions, and it took less than 2 hours total from me walking in, to me driving out. The price didn't budge a penny either. What they told me initially is exactly what I got. The guy even added some goodies for me. Honestly, if every car buying experience was like this, I'd be buying one each year (assuming I had the money, lol).

I got permission to name drop, so if anyone is looking to buy a brz in the future in AZ, go to Subaru Superstore of Chandler, and ask for David Griffin

·
Registered
112 Posts
And I can't believe I'm about to say this, but that was an amazing car buying experience. Who the hell even says that?

No bullshit, straight to the point, polite, answered all my questions, and it took less than 2 hours total from me walking in, to me driving out. The price didn't budge a penny either. What they told me initially is exactly what I got.
Congrats... and that's really good to hear.

I've got a BRZ arriving in 2 weeks and my dealer has been fantastic so far... so good that it has me waiting for the other shoe to drop (when I go in to complete the purchase). Hearing your success story has put me at ease a little bit.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got mine today at Subaru Super Store in Chandler as well. Exactly like @SheperdX said, awesome store, walk in 7:30 pm walk out 8:30pm including the delivery guy help me set up the car. Got mine $500 below msrp, no dealer add-ons of any kind. There is another white limited sitting there waiting for its owner
Car Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2022 White BRZ
214 Posts
Got mine today at Subaru Super Store in Chandler as well. Exactly like @SheperdX said, awesome store, walk in 7:30 pm walk out 8:30pm including the delivery guy help me set up the car. Got mine $500 below msrp, no dealer add-ons of any kind. There is another white limited sitting there waiting for its owner

hah! yeah that same white brz was next to mine when I came in (mine was in the spot of yours!). Surprised the owner still hasn't picked up the other white one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got my BRZ today (9 days early).
View attachment 5567

No bullshit, straight to the point, polite, answered all my questions, and it took less than 2 hours total from me walking in, to me driving out. The price didn't budge a penny either. What they told me initially is exactly what I got. The guy even added some goodies for me. Honestly, if every car buying experience was like this, I'd be buying one each year (assuming I had the money, lol).

I got permission to name drop, so if anyone is looking to buy a brz in the future in AZ, go to Subaru Superstore of Chandler, and ask for David Griffin
Man that’s crazy! You never hear anyone say that after leaving the dealership, it’s usually buyer’s remorse.
I just put a deposit at Avondale Toyota and hope to have a similar experience as yours when my time comes. I’m number 8 on the list for GR86. Said it could be a 4 month wait at least. Very tempted to hit up Chandler for a quote on a BRZ if the wait proves to be too long!

Congrats on the sick ride!

·
Registered
13 Posts

hope this helps
Thanks for the reference!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts