Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 GR86 Premium 6MT
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received the carbon under hood parts I ordered from Tecnocraft. My question pertains to the battery cover. It won't fit because of the bracket on the negative terminal. I never noticed it before the times I was messing around under the hood. Anyone know what the plug is for on the other end of the bracket? It currently hangs over the edge preventing the cover from sitting down all the way. Not even sure if I loosened the bold to angle the bracket in if that'll work. Picture for reference. Link of the battery cover I got.

Auto part Bag Wire Cable Fashion accessory

·
Registered
2022 Toyota GR86 MT Base Pavement Gray
16 Posts
It’s a battery current sensor that relays information to a control module that controls the alternator duty cycle. Angling that in like you have in the picture won’t hurt anything.

·
Registered
23 GR86 Premium 6MT
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s a battery current sensor that relays information to a control module that controls the alternator duty cycle. Angling that in like you have in the picture won’t hurt anything.
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of angling it towards the windshield to make the bracket even with the side of the battery, just not sure if there's enough slack on that wire to do that.

The other option i suppose is i could notch out the cover to make room for the bracket.

Waiting to hear back from the company as well to see how they got around the bracket with their install since I'm guessing the 2022s have the same bracket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts