Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

More Toyota Cuts

5K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Jeonsa 
#1 ·
#2 ·
This is why I was saying “If the 86 gets delayed, people shouldn’t mind.”

I think Toyota for the most part has been doing a good job trying to produce cars for consumers through the pandemic, all while trying to follow guidelines and protecting their workers.

We get caught up in wanting something so bad that we forget how hard it is for them to produce under these conditions. Hopefully they can stay on track but importantly they deserve thanks for trying.

#3 ·
I think overall production and availability could be delayed but as for the actual release I’m certain it will still be November. At this point they already have 86’s built that are going through the final production stages and they have enough to launch the vehicle. Keep in mind it takes a while to ship the overseas and transport them all across the US. No way if Toyota wasn’t able to keep their deadline would they announce it this close to the release.

#4 ·
I agree somewhat, most cars that the media drove were prototypes/not final production vehicles, anything is possible. I’m saying the way some people are acting is ridiculous. For example I know you want the car bad, I’ve read it on many threads, but if it doesn’t come out when as expected, would you be mad? Would it be THAT serious to you? (Again I don’t think it will be delayed but you never know)

Because I see a lot of people getting frustrated for a sports car that’s not necessarily needed but wanted lol. That’s what I’m getting at, I applaud Toyota for approaching the situation the way they are.

#6 ·
I agree somewhat, most cars that the media drove were prototypes/not final production vehicles, anything is possible. I’m saying the way some people are acting is ridiculous. For example I know you want the car bad, I’ve read it on many threads, but if it doesn’t come out when as expected, would you be mad? Would it be THAT serious to you? (Again I don’t think it will be delayed but you never know)

Because I see a lot of people getting frustrated for a sports car that’s not necessarily needed but wanted lol. That’s what I’m getting at, I applaud Toyota for approaching the situation the way they are.
I honestly have to admit I’d be a little upset 😅 I have been waiting for this car the second it came out and have saved up soooo much money for it and took extra hours to be able to afford it etc. I agree with you, to be this excited for a car is dumb but I just can’t help it! Again I agree that I don’t think it will be delayed but I do have to admit if it is it’s going to hurt.

#8 ·
Subaru Corporation announced its plant in Gunma, Japan, that manufactures the BRZ and GR 86 will be closed September 7-22, 2021, for a total of 12 working days. Did it reopen on 23 September?

#10 ·
Subaru will restart the plant today, and the 2022 Forester assembly lines are running again. Subaru lost approximately 60,000 vehicles in the latest twelve-day shutdown, and it has a direct impact on the new models shipped to U.S. customers.
A source close to Subaru told us this week, a new 2022 Forester ordered now will arrive in January. Wait times are less for the Subaru Crosstrek and BRZ sport coupe.
Many Subaru retailers across the U.S. have very few 2022 Subaru Ascent, Impreza, Legacy, WRX, and WRX STI models on their lot. There are no BRZ sport coupes, and new 2022 BRZ models should arrive in December.
It is good news that the plant has reopened. I really hope that RHD GR 86 base model automatic cars are prioritized. Naked self-interest!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.