Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to get a hold of one for months in AZ and now as they are coming in this week the dealers are saying that Manual Premiums aren't coming until next year now. Is this true?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been trying to get a hold of one for months in AZ and now as they are coming in this week the dealers are saying that Manual Premiums aren't coming until next year now. Is this true?
Not true, i know a dealer got two 6mt premium, but sold both to its own employees. However majority allocations were 6at, yucky.
Yeah exactly, I've been in talks with all the dealers who don't have any information for months, then within a week of getting allocations they are sold out of all their manuals. Camelback Toyota says they don't even make Premium MT, after telling me a week ago they'd have a PMT Neptune coming in.

Bell Toyota says that Manuals won't be available until 2023.

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Track Bred Premium MT
1,035 Posts
Yeah exactly, I've been in talks with all the dealers who don't have any information for months, then within a week of getting allocations they are sold out of all their manuals. Camelback Toyota says they don't even make Premium MT, after telling me a week ago they'd have a PMT Neptune coming in.

Bell Toyota says that Manuals won't be available until 2023.
They are both lying to you. If Camelback is telling you Toyota isn’t making a PMT at all, they shouldn’t be selling cars. Call Toyota Customer Service and report them. They don’t like that kinda crap. Try looking on Cars.com. You can search up to 500 miles of your zip code. There aren’t a lot currently, but I think more will be coming as time goes on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After calling every dealer I could around, it seems that most dealers will get 2 (Maybe 3) allocations a month. Most don't know what they will get until closer to their bi weekly allocation date.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good to know. I will wait for more allocations and keep contacting dealers. I've been waiting awhile and don't want to settle, though it'd be convenient to.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Frankly its the luckiest I've ever felt. I had a BRZ on order not due to arrive until March and the GR I really wanted just fell in my lap. Definitely hold out for the one you really want, its worth the wait!

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Track Bred Premium MT
1,035 Posts
I think Toyota blew it by introducing so many new models at the same time, considering the chip shortage, even though they’ve said they expect to build 900,000 units this month.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.