Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I hope that toyota will do something different for this car. But a different engine? that seems out of reach. It makes no sense for toyota to change engines if the boxer works great for this the of car. And changing the name from 86 to celiac does not make sense at all, not even toyota would do such a thing.
If anything was to be different, it would be the interior. We already know the front bumper will be different, the rear seems to be the same as the rear in the bra according to the mule (unfortunately), but the interior is the only thing about the 86 that we dont know about. Also, the interior was different in the 1st gen. I really think the 2nd gen of the 86 and biz will take the same approach as the 1st gen. Same car, but different front bumper and interior.
thats exactly my last hope is that toyata will create a better interior in my opinion im not a fan of subarus interir it looks kinda cheap imho

·
Registered
15 Posts
This car was essentially designed by Toyota. As others have said the only "Subaru" part of the BRZ is the front grill. The interior is clearly Toyota as well. It does not appear other than the front grill and front side intakes that there is much change going on for the 86. The rear tail lights from the drive by mule video indicate longer wrap around tail lights and the perhaps typical vertical design extending down as in Camry and Supra. I don't see much change beyond that. Since the interior is clearly a Toyota design it difficult to see much change other than badging and perhaps some different surface materials. The basic interior architecture will be virtually identical.
damn i j hope toyota comes through on the interior the brz interior looks kinda cheap. When do you reckon we will finally get an update on the toyota version?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well we already sort of know what the front end of the 86 is going to be. They have just come out with the patent
drawings on other auto sites. Clearly the mule shown with the Mustang 1 month prior to the BRZ reveal is in fact the 86 front end. The hood contour and the headlights are the same as the BRZ. The grill and the front intakes are pretty much the same as from the mule. As for whether people like the new car versus the current car I think that is up to the individual. I hear that a lot of people who own or have owned previous BRZ/86's seem split 50/50. Personally I think the new car looks great and I like it much better than the current car. I think it looks more aggressive and exotic then the current car. yes its clear they have taken design cues from other sports car but so what. Nothing wrong with mimicking Aston Martin, Honda, Porsche, Lexus. These are designs to aspire to and in my opinion make the car look more expensive then the projected asking price. The new car design is more upscale. If you did not know it was a Subaru what would you guess it to be?
probably a porsche cayman lol jk

·
Registered
121 Posts
thats exactly my last hope is that toyata will create a better interior in my opinion im not a fan of subarus interir it looks kinda cheap imho
That is the Toyota interior with the Subaru Logo. Toyota designed it so don't expect much in changes. Perhaps some different fake plastic chrome here and their and a Toyota logo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is the Toyota interior with the Subaru Logo. Toyota designed it so don't expect much in changes. Perhaps some different fake plastic chrome here and their and a Toyota logo.
True but I’m also referring to the infotainment on the dashboard it’s been the same since the old frs days a new design of the dashboard would be nice with high end trims to fit the newer upscale look of this new gen

·
Registered
239 Posts
True but I’m also referring to the infotainment on the dashboard it’s been the same since the old frs days a new design of the dashboard would be nice with high end trims to fit the newer upscale look of this new gen
In terms of the screen you'd have to thing Toyota/Subaru would update the infotainment software. If not that's really going to date the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In terms of the screen you'd have to thing Toyota/Subaru would update the infotainment software. If not that's really going to date the car.
Meh. It's a sports car. The entertainment system is accessed through the steering wheel, gear lever, accelerator pedal and brake pedal. Messing around with a touchscreen just means you're going to miss your braking point for the next corner and may end up in the weeds.

·
Registered
121 Posts
What's in the new BRZ is what going into the new 86. Toyota is not going to mess with a state of the art infotainment system. Further Subaru's newer infotainment system from the Forester would not even fit in the dashboard. It would take up half the windshield its so big. Besides if you're too caught up in getting the newest and bestest infotainment system the BRZ/86 is not the car for you. Saying this the one in the new BRZ seems to be a slight upgrade from the current BRZ/86. I think ClarkFan's point is perfect. Its a sports car. Nuff said.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I truly love the exterior design of this car it seems luxurious. The interior is pretty cool as well, but I am not a fan of the steering wheel. The rim on this car reminds me of Vision wheels 473 Axis model -- it added an accent to this beautiful car. My favorite part of this car will be its taillights.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts