Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Limited
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost my 2022 Subaru BRZ Limited key fob (push button start) along with my wife’s 2018 Subaru Crosstrek Premium key. If I can’t find them, I could use your suggestions how to find replacement keys. The dealership wants about $596 For the BRZ smart key and $451 for the Crosstrek key. Ouch!,,, Any suggestions? (I was checking out the Car Keys Express website, tried to call them but they were closed)

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Track Bred Premium MT
879 Posts
Lost my 2022 Subaru BRZ Limited key fob (push button start) along with my wife’s 2018 Subaru Crosstrek Premium key. If I can’t find them, I could use your suggestions how to find replacement keys. The dealership wants about $596 For the BRZ smart key and $451 for the Crosstrek key. Ouch!,,, Any suggestions? (I was checking out the Car Keys Express website, tried to call them but they were closed)
Didn’t you get 2 keys?

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,302 Posts
I don't like your chances. You may have to pony up.

But yeah make sure you search the car top to bottom, shit falls out of my pockets and down under the seat all the time.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Crosstrek key you might be able to find a spare on ebay and get it cut and programed if needed by a lock smith, might be cheaper? As for the BRZ key, you just might have to buy that from the dealership.

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Limited
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great news! Our keys that were once lost have now been found. They were in the recesses/nooks and crannies of my wife’s humongous pocketbook. And in a portion where she never ever puts keys, until now! Whew, what a relief!😜😂😁

I called Geico Insurance last evening and set up a claim for the lost keys, under comprehensive. They were going to cover the replacement cost for the OEM keys through Subaru, with a $500 deductible. The claim, they assured me, would not affect our premium. Anyway, I canceled the claim with Geico this afternoon. I learned a lesson.. going to purchase some AirTags for our keys today.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Our keys that were once lost have now been found. They were in the recesses/nooks and crannies of my wife’s humongous pocketbook. And in a portion where she never ever puts keys, until now!
Hey, I think we might be married to the same person! 😂

1 - 10 of 10 Posts