Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rectangle Font Material property Handwriting Paper

Check out this markup. Scotty tells me to give $10,000 to order a manual, premium, red and the markup is $15,000. $48k not including tax tag and title. I didn’t even have much of a problem with the 10k but $15 k markup, gimme a break. Anyone have any better news at another central Florida dealer?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I don't know if you should say that's unethical, but that's how I view it. Gouging at the very least. I hope there are enough people in that area who will remember how this dealer did this when things return to normal -- if they ever return to normal...

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
298 Posts
Not sure why toyota buyers are seeing this so much worse than subarus. Most are getting BRZs for msrp.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Base model $30k? LMFAO! It's literally $27k and change on the website. Even destination doesn't add up to $30k. Screw that dealer.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sounds like a scam to me. I mean.. thats a lot of typos. From the description, it's more corolla hatchback than 86.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Supra
17 Posts
I'd tell them to go F**k themselves...

Just order one from an out of state dealership and have a road trip back home with a new vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 3545

Check out this markup. Scotty tells me to give $10,000 to order a manual, premium, red and the markup is $15,000. $48k not including tax tag and title. I didn’t even have much of a problem with the 10k but $15 k markup, gimme a break. Anyone have any better news at another central Florida dealer?
Holy shit man.. That's just not right. I will say that I just got off the phone with competent rep @ Palm Beach Toyota (WPB area) and it aint looking good.. So they get updated allocations every Wednesday and I was put on a call+text notification list. I was informed that out of the Southeastern US Toyota dealerships the WPB location is one of the best when it comes to monthly sales and they had actually just sold their first gr86 yesterday, a prem. auto... I would assume this is a good thing? Maybe they get shipped another? Anyway the guy told me that out of the 41 total in the Southeastern district currently, only 4 are manual. He also said don't believe other dealers that tell you that they will get one for you with a deposit etc. because the manuals are the minority right now. wtf how? And that it is all up in the air right now. Maybe a month, maybe 6 before Toyota ramps production on these due to other Camrys', corollas etc being 75% of their sales. Idk how much I should believe this guy but its the best info I've gotten so far.. Patience pays I guess.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just called them and mark up is anywhere in between 4-10k I already reserved the same car with 1k on accessories but it comes in til almost February
I heard two dealers that don't sell over MRSP, one is Longo Toyota in CA, one is McGee Toyota of Claremont in NH. (try these two)

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Limited (on the way!)
35 Posts
Honestly, look at the Subaru instead. I just bought mine in Jacksonville, 2 hrs from you, and got a limited 6MT in WRB (basically the config that’s most desirable) for MSRP. Didn’t even have to ask. I brought up markups and my sales guy told me flatly that they don’t mark up cars over msrp and “Subaru isn’t that kind of company”. I’ve seen, and know for a fact, some Subaru dealers DO mark up their cars. But in general I do think from a corporate perspective SOA harps on not marking their cars up rn a lot

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Limited (on the way!)
35 Posts
^I add this not as saying the subject is better. But both cars are SO similar that the markup there is offensive.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts