Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
Remark axleback+midpipe, K&N typhoon intake+VT BigMouth
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, pulled the trigger on a header. Saw CSG got some pretty good gains after tuning a customer car running the JDL EL 4-2-1 with the overpipe/frontpipe combo. Other people said the sound was less than desirable from the EL but later heard it was due to a size difference between the header exit and stock overpipe/front pipe diameter. Went with the ultraquiet for the front pipe since I already have no muffler on my axleback, the header is catless, and my resonated midpipe is louder than OEM.

Here's their dyno results they posted after tuning for california 91, and since the numbers seem horrifically low, I also included the comparison between 1g and 2g on the same dyno.
Product Font Line Screenshot Slope
Font Slope Line Technology Parallel

· Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
3,176 Posts
Gains are gains, but those are in fact horrifically low numbers. 91 hurts it for sure. Would be nice to see it on E85 since we have seen numbers with header\E85. Then would would know if its the 91 killing it or if their dyno just reads low.

• Helpful
Reactions: JesusLivesinYou

· Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gains are gains, but those are in fact horrifically low numbers. 91 hurts it for sure. Would be nice to see it on E85 since we have seen numbers with header\E85. Then would would know if its the 91 killing it or if their dyno just reads low.
I do think their dyno reads low, and am just taking it as a ~15% horsepower increase on their dyno. With that in mind, I really doubt the header pipes and tune would add up to ~31 whp of gains on most stock cars dynoing at an average of 208 whp, but I'd be happy to see an extra 20whp out of it at least. And hey, if the car does somehow lay down 239 whp I'm certainly not gonna complain. I'll go to a local dyno days in spring/summer and report back then.

· Registered
3,176 Posts
While talking about CSG...
I notice their website now says they can do remote tuning for the FA24. That is great news. The only thing holding me back now is waiting for a flex fuel kit. Im sure the 1st gen kits will work fine but nobody has proven that yet.

Reactions: Chips

· Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
2,032 Posts
Well, pulled the trigger on a header. Saw CSG got some pretty good gains after tuning a customer car running the JDL EL 4-2-1 with the overpipe/frontpipe combo. Other people said the sound was less than desirable from the EL but later heard it was due to a size difference between the header exit and stock overpipe/front pipe diameter. Went with the ultraquiet for the front pipe since I already have no muffler on my axleback, the header is catless, and my resonated midpipe is louder than OEM.

Here's their dyno results they posted after tuning for california 91, and since the numbers seem horrifically low, I also included the comparison between 1g and 2g on the same dyno. View attachment 19808 View attachment 19809
Is that a hub dyno at counterspace, and a gen one refreshed model I assume?

150hp stock results look about right for that.

· Registered
2022 GR86 6AT Base Neptune
68 Posts
Excited to see another EL setup. I just installed the Nameless on mine without a tune. So far, I have noticed more torque down low but not a huge difference up top, though I haven't driven it a ton yet. I know tuning is needed to optimize everything and I'm sure there will be a big difference one tuned.

I had not heard about the header to OP size difference causing a certain or undesirable sound. My Nameless is 3" at the collector and I have a reducer flange in between that and my 60mm OP for a smoother transition.

Reactions: Chips

· Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had not heard about the header to OP size difference causing a certain or undesirable sound. My Nameless is 3" at the collector and I have a reducer flange in between that and my 60mm OP for a smoother transition.
I wish I could find it, but I don't recall the other person mentioning a reducer flange in their setup. It basically was dumping from the 2.5 inch outlet of the JDL to the 2.3 ish (60mm) op, I think it was posted in one of the Facebook groups.

· Registered
2022 Subaru BRZ MT
66 Posts
I notice their website now says they can do remote tuning for the FA24. That is great news. The only thing holding me back now is waiting for a flex fuel kit. Im sure the 1st gen kits will work fine but nobody has proven that yet.
They said if you have the hardware, they can do a flex fuel tune. For them it’s about the availability of the hardware. So I guess that means waiting for delicious first

· Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They said if you have the hardware, they can do a flex fuel tune. For them it’s about the availability of the hardware. So I guess that means waiting for delicious first
Yeah, and I don't know if much has changed in the last few years, but after Zach left DeliciousTuning, DT blacklisted CSG and some others making wild claims about stealing roms and shit. So they won't be stocking DT's flexfuel kit but they do seem to still back it as the best hardware available and still offered tuning for it after being blacklisted as well.

· Registered
3,176 Posts
Interesting. I have not seen any confirmation that the gen 1 flex kits are a direct install on the gen 2. If that can be confirmed I am ready to buy..!!
I dont care what brand really. Its just a sensor. The some offer other built in features like low fuel pressure protection or faulty sensor protection. Neither is a game changer in my book.

Reactions: Blighty

· Registered
2022 Subaru BRZ MT
66 Posts
Interesting. I have not seen any confirmation that the gen 1 flex kits are a direct install on the gen 2. If that can be confirmed I am ready to buy..!!
I dont care what brand really. Its just a sensor. The some offer other built in features like low fuel pressure protection or faulty sensor protection. Neither is a game changer in my book.
I don’t think they’re saying that the gen1 kits work on gen2, but rather saying once you have the hardware required they can do it. But I think that just means waiting for the hardware to exist first.

I don‘t know much about flex fuel sensors so I will likely just wait for Delicious to say they have em, and say take my money at that point

· Registered
134 Posts
I would recommend getting in touch with Gerald at GeraldJustProjects. Guy is an absolute wizard at this stuff and makes an affordable flex fuel kit. He has been working on 2022+ specific stuff as well.

The kits should work. Flex Fuel kits are absolutely dummy simple, it’s just a small circuit board that converts the digital signal from the sensor to a 0-5v analog signal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts