Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
.....“The interior colour-ways also reflect the driving focus ".....What, I'll be goosing a corner & suddenly be distracted by a splash of color? When I looked at a Trueno Blue Premium locally, I was admittedly appalled at the total lack of any accent color, more than I'd anticipated. C'mon, this interior screams for the smallest dash of color! I dislike sporty cars that look like space ships, but this interior is so, what, 'Understated', it takes itself too seriously. This IS supposed to be a 'Fun' car, no?

·
Registered
2022 Neptune GR86- Base
68 Posts
I would go nuts over some neptune interior accent options! I also wish there was neptune stitching like the subaru red stitching. Do you guys think an aftermarket will pop up to meet these wishes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think it is an outrage. Why doesn’t Toyota let the customers decide what they want! Why do they offer it in Japan only and all other countries have no choice. I feel totally ripped off. And that’s with a car where I think all cars are manufactured in the same factory.

so they have the red interior right there but decide not to put it into the car. For me it is a no go and reason to not buy that car.

I would pay more for the red but I hate companies who make Japan first class customers and the rest of the world second class customers.

sorry but I simply don’t get the reason for that decision. Seems so ridiculous. The gr86 is not a car with a thousand options to choose from. Just give the world the few options there are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
and honestly I am just watching the video of the GR86 and BRZ assembly at the Gunma Plant in Japan and it is ridiculous. European, us, japanese cars are being assembled at the same plant. They would not care to give you the red interior, TOYOTA simply doesnt want you and that sucks big time!

check 23:15: red interior in a japanese GR
check 24:44: red seats of the BRZ
check 26:20: a european or us GR is assembled

If Toyota is listening...just make the damn red interior an option and make some additional money for the people who desperatly want it. Gosh this issue drives me nuts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I made a friend on instagram that just took delivery on a Neptune Blue GR86 in Premium in Osaka Japan. I was looking at his pictures when I noticed that his interior seemed a bit different. I messaged him for a better interior pic and check this out... this 100% stock. He told me that the screen was dealer optional upgrade and that was all he spec'd on this car. So I guess the Japanese spec gets these pretty sweet red carpeting and red door inserts! Also the red trim which is the Subaru variant comes in the Toyota as well. Pretty sweet in my opinion. What do you all think? Do you like the grey/blue of the US spec or this red better? I don't know about you but those carpets and door cards add some pretty awesome pop. I would gladly have these but not sure if they work great with the Neptune Blue

Japanese Spec
View attachment 4471

US Spec Premium
View attachment 4472
I definitely love the red carpet and inserts. I love the ap1 Honda S2000 which offers red leather interior and carpeting. Very classic JDM!

·
Registered
'22 MT GR86 Grey
119 Posts
Another time I wish I spoke Japanese smh
Honestly you're not missing much in that video. The guy basically explains exactly what you can see, and doesn't add much in the way of additional information. He's got a Subaru staff member next to him describing what each station does, and he just parrots that.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts