Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made a friend on instagram that just took delivery on a Neptune Blue GR86 in Premium in Osaka Japan. I was looking at his pictures when I noticed that his interior seemed a bit different. I messaged him for a better interior pic and check this out... this 100% stock. He told me that the screen was dealer optional upgrade and that was all he spec'd on this car. So I guess the Japanese spec gets these pretty sweet red carpeting and red door inserts! Also the red trim which is the Subaru variant comes in the Toyota as well. Pretty sweet in my opinion. What do you all think? Do you like the grey/blue of the US spec or this red better? I don't know about you but those carpets and door cards add some pretty awesome pop. I would gladly have these but not sure if they work great with the Neptune Blue

Japanese Spec
Car Gear shift Vehicle Speedometer Window

US Spec Premium
Speedometer Vehicle Car Gear shift Motor vehicle

·
Registered
685 Posts
So I made a friend on instagram that just took delivery on a Neptune Blue GR86 in Premium in Osaka Japan. I was looking at his pictures when I noticed that his interior seemed a bit different. I messaged him for a better interior pic and check this out... this 100% stock. He told me that the screen was dealer optional upgrade and that was all he spec'd on this car. So I guess the Japanese spec gets these pretty sweet red carpeting and red door inserts! Also the red trim which is the Subaru variant comes in the Toyota as well. Pretty sweet in my opinion. What do you all think? Do you like the grey/blue of the US spec or this red better? I don't know about you but those carpets and door cards add some pretty awesome pop. I would gladly have these but not sure if they work great with the Neptune Blue

Japanese Spec
View attachment 4471

US Spec Premium
View attachment 4472
Yeah we went over this before, but it’s pretty awesome. They should of made it an option but with how these allocations are who knows how crazy it would’ve been 😂

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah we went over this before, but it’s pretty awesome. They should of made it an option but with how these allocations are who knows how crazy it would’ve been 😂
sorry I am new to the forum... Wasn't sure was this discussed. My bad... Link to the old discussion please?

·
Registered
685 Posts
sorry I am new to the forum... Wasn't sure was this discussed. My bad... Link to the old discussion please?
I think it’s fine, now the cars are finally coming out, this thread can bring in new opinions 🤷🏽‍♂️

I honestly think they should’ve done blue, red and black options. Would’ve mirrored the old AE86’s options

·
Registered
'22 MT GR86 Grey
122 Posts
The RZ grade in Japan (what would be called "Premium" overseas) gets this as a free option. You can pick either Red or Black interior trim. On the lower models (SZ and RC) you can also request the red interior trim, but it costs extra.

The grades here are quite different to the overseas equivalents in a number of ways though. As far as interior goes, the top-end RZ grade doesn't even get floor mats - they're paid optionals.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I personally like the Subaru door panels more..
i would also change the loose floor mats to black ones. So the foot room is still red but with black mats.
Other then that I really like the option to have red as a contrast

·
Registered
249 Posts
Maybe some good news for the European market , it looks as though we may get a choice (although at the moment there is no word on body colours available. This was from the European Press pack

“The interior colour-ways also reflect the driving focus – all black, with silver accents, or black with deep red upholstery details, stitching, carpets and door cards.”

I would guess red being the most popular choice to I’ve up the cabin 😎

·
Registered
151 Posts
Maybe some good news for the European market , it looks as though we may get a choice (although at the moment there is no word on body colours available. This was from the European Press pack

“The interior colour-ways also reflect the driving focus – all black, with silver accents, or black with deep red upholstery details, stitching, carpets and door cards.”

I would guess red being the most popular choice to I’ve up the cabin 😎
I’ve seen something similar in the pre configuration on the German Toyota site. There is an option for colourful stitching.
It would be so nice to have the red interior. But as I said I would change the floor mats to black and buy the Subaru door panels in black with red stitching instead of completely red 😎😎😎😎

·
Registered
249 Posts
I’ve seen something similar in the pre configuration on the German Toyota site. There is an option for colourful stitching.
It would be so nice to have the red interior. But as I said I would change the floor mats to black and buy the Subaru door panels in black with red stitching instead of completely red 😎😎😎😎
Can you configure a GR86 online in Germany 🤔

·
Registered
'13 2JZ FRS/'22 GR86
26 Posts
Somebody, please post red carpet part numbers. I’m no stranger to ripping out the seat and interior bits, but generally to deep clean, or run wire.
Going to have to wait for someone to start importing them from Japan, It's not an option in the US parts catalog. Though it is interesting to note there are 6 different carpet part numbers available for the US models.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Somebody, please post red carpet part numbers. I’m no stranger to ripping out the seat and interior bits, but generally to deep clean, or run wire.
You can't just swap the carpet. The dead pedal would be in the passenger footwell and the carpet around/behind the pedals won't line up. RHD v LHD.

Unless some other LHD market gets the red as an option North America is out of luck for the time being.

·
Registered
501 Posts
From what I understand from a custom car guy years ago, automotive carpet is fairly easily formed. I think they might use a steamer or something to really get the compound curves, but it would be easy enough to look up. Just use the original carpet as a template. When I get a chance, I'm going to poke around with the door panels as I wouldn't mind going with a dark blue along the tops and maybe the insert as well as a few of the shiny metal bits covered in matching graphic vinyl to contrast the light blue of the Neptune, but more subtle than red or orange or something along those lines.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts