1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
GR86
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello hello hello hello....

Is anybody out there? there there there

I have a feeling the Japan community on here is going to be preeeetty tiny, but here goes...
Am based in Tokyo and it would be great to (eventually) meet with some 86/BRZ owners. I've scouted Japan-based BRZ/86 groups, but getting ingratiated in to those seems pretty tough.

If you live anywhere in Japan, hit up this thread! If we're all far apart, perhaps we can someday do an epic "meet in the middle" road trip and have a cool story to tell about it :)

·
Registered
GR86
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there,
I’m based in Kanagawa just outside of Tokyo.
Awesome! I saw at least one other poster on here who said they were in Japan, so that makes three of us so far :)

What's your car situation? Have you got yours already or still waiting?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awesome! I saw at least one other poster on here who said they were in Japan, so that makes three of us so far :)

What's your car situation? Have you got yours already or still waiting?
That’s great! You wanna make a line group or something?
Well, the guy at Toyota told me that it’ll be at the end of April so I’m still waiting.

·
Registered
GR86
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s great! You wanna make a line group or something?
Yeah for sure! ...how do we do that? lol. There used to be a way to make QR codes for Line groups but I think they killed that function.

My car situation is similar to yours I think. The contract says end of April, but my agent said it could be earlier than that - Wishful thinking.
Wonder if there's some massive batch of cars that's being prepped for April?

·
Registered
GR86
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey there, I live near Nagoya.
Waiting for my GR86 delivery around march/april!
Crystal White Pearl + MT!
This really makes me think they are releasing the cars in "batches". There are four users on here in Japan, and all of us have a delivery estimate for March/April.

BTW - I have started a LINE chat group for GR86/BRZ owners in Japan. If you would like to join, send me a DM and I can find a way to add you to the chat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a long wait in Japan as well?
I'm located in Taiwan and as I've heard, the launch was delayed... I have no clue when the GR86 is gonna come, ENVY!

·
Registered
GR86
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there a long wait in Japan as well?
I'm located in Taiwan and as I've heard, the launch was delayed... I have no clue when the GR86 is gonna come, ENVY!
The GR went on sale in Japan at the end of October 2021. The only people who've got their cars are those who pre-ordered way in advance, and they seem to have received them somewhere between Nov-Dec.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts