Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

I finally found a local manual one to test drive (with the hopes of purchase but they had 8k market "adjustment" plus 3500 of dealer add-ons so at least got to test drive one). I did enjoy it, clutch was a little short but gearbox is nice, seems pretty quick and fun only issue is the seating position.

So, with the seat all the way down, I only have about an inch or two of head room so no way possible to fit with a helmet unless I recline the seat a lot, and the steering wheel doesn't go that far up so only an inch from my knees. I did find later it can come out so that helped a lot. It's much further from my legs know but kind of blocks the top of the dash but oh well. Didn't feel tight or anything, just the seat was simply up to high for me (I could throw a bucket seat in but was hoping for more of a daily with occasional track). For reference I am only 5'10 but have a long upper body.

So this is a long winded way to ask, are there any differences in the premium versus the standard seat in the way of seating position? Or is it just nicer materials? Am I just screwed and have to plant a seat on the floor? Anyone else have issues when they test drove one? Thanks and here is a pic from the test drive!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Font Material property Sleeve Transparency Advertising

·
Registered
132 Posts
The seat has already been lowered in the new cars in order to compensate for the roof that is now an inch lower. (It's supposed to equate to almost the same headroom as before). It won't be easy to get much lower. Seats are the same in all trims, BTW.

I'm 6'1" and have 2 inches to spare and I thank the car gods for this good fortune. As you said, will need to recline more than comfortable in order to fit a hemet. Or get a track bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The seat has already been lowered in the new cars in order to compensate for the roof that is now an inch lower. (It's supposed to equate to almost the same headroom as before). It won't be easy to get much lower. Seats are the same in all trims, BTW.

I'm 6'1" and have 2 inches to spare and I thank the car gods for this good fortune. As you said, will need to recline more than comfortable in order to fit a hemet. Or get a track bike.
Yeah I have about an inch so not as lucky haha. Yeah not a bike guy so a no for me there but appreciaite the response! A bummer there's no difference in the seats. wish they went a bit lower haha oh well. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is arctic blast for 2k ?
I didn't fully pay attention since it was so dumb but the sales guy said it's something for raising the gas mileage. You get abou 2 extra mpg. I am not sure if like a liquid or what but apparently they do it on all the cars. Load of crap tbh haha.

·
Registered
Toyota Tundra TRD Sport; Suzuki Samurai JX
36 Posts
That’s ridiculous! I reached out to Lodi Toyota and wasn’t impressed with their staff. Seems like their sales tactics are a little iffy too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow. 2 large for a Walmart Isle End Cap product or “as seen on tv” . I wouldn’t pay over factory sticker retail for anything on any vehicle merely in protest. Unless it was a case of last vin # of a model made or a last of something rare. Gouging for being a new hot item just rubs me bad. Because the newness nowadays lasts about 6 months. Like the new Z car coming. Hot, warm, cool, yaaaawn.

·
Registered
396 Posts
What is arctic blast for 2k ?
Just Googled it. Its supposed to make your a/c blow colder and improve mpg. My BULLSHIT detector is going off like crazy. Nitro in your tires is BS as well. These POS dealers will do whatever they can to jack up the price. Last year, while I was researching prices on the Supra, I learned that MSRP has a 20% profit built in. Toyota dealers also get a 1% hold back from Toyota.

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
278 Posts
Nitro in your tires is BS as well.
FALSE. Although this "arctic blast" is a scam nitrogen inflated tires is 100% not.
Nitrogen will suffer less pressure leak down in tires over time. So less random tire inflations. It is also significantly more temperature stable than oxygen. In tires with normal air you set your cold pressure at say 33psi after driving they warm up and pressure sits at about 37. Do some hard canyon driving or track duty that can increase to over 40psi. Nitrogen inflated tires will see half as much pressure change as temps go up. The same holds true in winter when your tires used to have 33psi in them but drop to below 28 in the cold and make the TPMS light come on. Nitrogen again will not lose as much pressure as oxygen. Would I pay big money for nitrogen inflation...? No. But I get it free and I absolutely see the difference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, the earths atmosphere is 78% nitrogen, so you can get a 78% nitro mix for free...

I'm a little under 6'7" and have about an inch to spare in the new BRZ when seated. Tight, but I drove an FRS for eight years and I was fine.

No helmet though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts