Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

Is this a good deal? Reserved a GR86 currently sitting at port.

6K views 38 replies 14 participants last post by  VanixIsHere 
It’s fine. Idk why everyone getting bent out of shape over $500 on a $32,000 car. As long as the accessories are actual material things, it’s all good.

$500 is 1.5% on a $32,000 car. Do you want one or not? Lol

Also before the “$500 is a lot of money blah blah”… if $500 makes or breaks your ability to buy this car, then you can’t afford it.

I guess it's just a matter of what the dealership is selling reasonably vs what they're putting in and hoping you don't see the charge and dispute it. I don't mind paying for the all weather floor mats, for example. $500 won't technically change much in terms of affordability, but why let them get away with stupid charges?

Also saving $500 doesn't seem like much but considering I'll need winter tires soon, that is extra money I would love to have for a practical purpose.
I’m just not sure why this is posted when there are people here who have been waiting 6-9 months and still have no car. If it’s +/- $500 just buy the damn thing lol. Hope you didn’t post the dealers info cause while you’re waffling someone might swoop in.

I said I put a deposit down in the original post and I'm waiting for it to be delivered to the dealer from the port, so I've pretty much done all I can do at this point. This was posted to get opinions from people who have been shopping around longer than I. Why are you surprised that I'm asking about dealer prices in the 2022+ Toyota GR86 Dealers, Prices And Orders section?
Because your car is MSRP. What’s there to ask about? The dealer will explain what those accessories are.

MSRP is $30,500 according to Toyota's website- not $32,000.

I get you've got more money bro but these things matter to people. I don't have a $90k budget (as your post history indicates). This is my second vehicle purchase ever. First was a $10k used Honda Fit over 7 years ago, so I'm unfamiliar with the cost-to-value of new vehicles. Plus dealers are notorious for arbitrarily adding markup and upselling overpriced accessories hoping they get a buyer such as you that won't notice or doesn't care. It's a business, and I'm doing my due diligence by asking GR86 enthusiasts to help assess my quote.
That’s not entirely true. MSRP is always what is listed on the manufacturers site plus destination and accessories / options. Destination is always passed on to the buyer. I believe it’s $1095 in this case.

MSRP will always fluctuate based on each particular car / dealer. Some dealers may charge a $400 doc fee, others maybe a $600 doc fee. Each car will have different options, each manufacturer will have a different destination fee.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.