Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
I just changed to costco insurance from state farm today. I've been with State Farm for 14 years and I never thought to change until I got a quote of $870 for semi-annual for 2 cars. I thought it was a little much. So I checked around it realized that it was pretty high. Costco gave me a quote of $683 for 6 months.

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Limited WRB
114 Posts
Was shocked at how low my insurance is for this car. $900/6months as a 27 year old male in Florida. I was paying nearly that much in just liability for my old E46. State Farm wasn’t too bad for me.

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Track Bred Premium MT
772 Posts
Check AAA. I have Farmer’s now. Its good. ***Update: I just remembered my sister told me about Metromile. You may have better luck.
Pay Per Mile Insurance
With Metromile, your rate is based on your actual driving habits. Our customers save 47% on average compared to what they were paying their previous auto insurer.

·
Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
1,099 Posts
Not a fair comparison considering I am 40. My quote (dont have car yet) with Geico is $280 for 6 months. Also worth noting this will be the 5th car along with 2 motorcycles and my homeowners insurance all through them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There are dozens of variables go into insurance rates. Age, gender, education level, credit score, marital status, state, county, city, driving record, claim record, coverage level, deductible level, car color, car trim the lists goes on and on. but I can tell you the rates for the Frs/BrZ/Gt86 are not cheap. My $12,000 MY13 FRS was MORE expensive than My Nissan GT-R for the same coverage. Presumably because of the demographic that buys these cars. (Young, Flatbill hat wearing male drifty bois that inevitably crash the car).

·
Registered
8 Posts
To add to what cater said, best thing you can do is call up a few insurance companies for a quote and better yet, purchase through an insurance broker so they can explain to you what you are buying, since most people don't read their insurance policies anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There are dozens of variables go into insurance rates. Age, gender, education level, credit score, marital status, state, county, city, driving record, claim record, coverage level, deductible level, car color, car trim the lists goes on and on. but I can tell you the rates for the Frs/BrZ/Gt86 are not cheap. My $12,000 MY13 FRS was MORE expensive than My Nissan GT-R for the same coverage. Presumably because of the demographic that buys these cars. (Young, Flatbill hat wearing male drifty bois that inevitably crash the car).
Thank you for posting this. It frustrates me to no end on people trying to compare insurance based purely on rates, we might as well compare blood pressure with zero context.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts