Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
VW Scirocco Viper Green
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any of you or any company that is designing or experimenting with a method to illuminate that black stripe between the 2 taillights?

In the photo I tried to simulate in an extremely coarse way how the final result could be...

I know that it will not be possible to light up the entire row because it would be interrupted in the middle by the presence of the boot opening button.

Probably the first information to discover concerns the composition of that strip.
It should be understood whether it is transparent or even semi-transparent plastic material or if it's opaque black plastic

Attachments

·
Registered
VW Scirocco Viper Green
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really hope some news will arrive soon for this mod.
I think it could be one of the first that I would buy even before the arrival of the car itself 😅

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Bred Base MT
88 Posts
Was wondering if there was a way to get that middle strip painted the same color as the rest of the car so it looks more like the old brz/86.

has anyone done any photoshop of that? My ps skills are pretty dated.

·
Registered
22 Trueno Blue
162 Posts
i supposed the most difficult part is the molding for the plastic and how this particular strip installed. (does it need the Oem duckbill removed or it was on top of that?) Should be easy for wiring. just have to add a jump to one of the parking lights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is there any of you or any company that is designing or experimenting with a method to illuminate that black stripe between the 2 taillights?

In the photo I tried to simulate in an extremely coarse way how the final result could be...

I know that it will not be possible to light up the entire row because it would be interrupted in the middle by the presence of the boot opening button.

Probably the first information to discover concerns the composition of that strip.
It should be understood whether it is transparent or even semi-transparent plastic material or if it's opaque black plastic
When i get mine ill try to 3d print and wire a prototype ill post the results here i was planning on doing this already

1 - 7 of 7 Posts