Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Can anyone describe the ignition red color to me? Specifically, does it have a metallic sheen? Does it have depth, or is it flat?
Welcome to the forum @carol. It's hard to say at this point because we haven't seen photos of one yet. Is that the color you're looking to get for your BRZ?

The closest thing I've seen so far is what's on the subaru website.

·
Super Moderator
467 Posts
I think you can see an ignition red BRZ in this youtube video
(around 7:07)
Yeah if you can understand Japanese they go deep into the new colour from 8m onwards, its a tri-colour but that's all I can decipher! They have a special banner with info they show, and also some car panels that I'm not sure if they describing the differences between the old red and new, or if they are the two colours used in the tri-colour.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ignition red is what I’m going for. Iv been scouring the inter webs for more footage of this colour in action.
Thankfully found a Japanese YouTuber that has found one at a dealership with the STI body parts. I took this screenshot from it and did some post processing though.
View attachment 1922
That car looks fantastic. The STI lips and skirts, plus the led fog light housings. chef’s kiss

·
Registered
22 BRZ
104 Posts
Can anyone describe the ignition red color to me? Specifically, does it have a metallic sheen? Does it have depth, or is it flat?
I posted a video in the sapphire blue thread that shows off most of the different colors on the car if you wanna check that out. I think it's both blues, red, silver and white.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ignition red is what I’m going for. Iv been scouring the inter webs for more footage of this colour in action.
Thankfully found a Japanese YouTuber that has found one at a dealership with the STI body parts. I took this screenshot from it and did some post processing though.
View attachment 1922
Wow the STI parts and Ignition Red work so well together! Do you have the video @Gorgan? Or was this a social media post?

·
Registered
85 Posts
It does look better than I thought it would. That is a different red from the GR86 palette.
It's the same, paint code is DCK for both Ignition Red and Trackbread

Wow the STI parts and Ignition Red work so well together! Do you have the video @Gorgan? Or was this a social media post?

Here's the video. it sold me on the red.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's the same, paint code is DCK for both Ignition Red and Trackbread

Here's the video. it sold me on the red.
what I cannot wrap my head around is the material/coloring difference of the STi add on lip/canards/partial spoiler/diffuser trim being gloss black while the rest of the car has matte black ABS plastics.

is that not bothering anyone else?

It also looks bad when Greddy/Trust did that with glossy carbon fiber - if it blending with vehicle trim it should look like the same sheen of material. I think Tom's got this right.

·
Registered
705 Posts
what I cannot wrap my head around is the material/coloring difference of the STi add on lip/canards/partial spoiler/diffuser trim being gloss black while the rest of the car has matte black ABS plastics.

is that not bothering anyone else?

It also looks bad when Greddy/Trust did that with glossy carbon fiber - if it blending with vehicle trim it should look like the same sheen of material. I think Tom's got this right.
Welcome to the forum @austinzone
Would you get matte film applied to those aero parts? It should be a great and cost effective way to keep a consistent theme.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So most of the different names are the "same colors" between the GR and BRZ? (except the obvious WR Blue Pearl just for the BRZ.
Yeah and Neptune blue is a Toyota exclusive
Yep, that's how the previous gen was too. WRB and Hot Lava were the respective exclusive colors before it became WRB and Neptune.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts