Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They say it's all new or revised, but I wonder by how much.. I bought a set of Eibach Pro-kit springs for my first Gen BRZ. The weight and balance of the car didn't change much, I wonder what the chances are that the springs will fit.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well we know that the tracks are wider and there is more structural rigidity especially in the front end. Still hard to say
if the springs and shocks would be a different specification or not.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Early reports say handling is sharper and more nimble. Any improvements you guys want to see?
This is one of them.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Despite the changes to the track, the chassis, and the tuning, the geometry of the suspension apparently hasn't changed.

Like the original, which has been around since 2012, the second generation of the BRZ is a collaboration between Subaru and Toyota, which will again sell its own version called the 86. Toyota once again handled the design, while engineering and construction are Subaru's end of the deal. The sports car's chassis carried over, but some new materials and adhesives taken from Subaru's Global Platform have increased the rigidity of its front end by 60 percent. "The stiffer chassis allowed us to stiffen the suspension mounting points, as well as the suspension tuning itself but still with a focus on improving its ride quality," said Michael Redic, Subaru's car-line planning manager for the BRZ, WRX, and Forester.

Subaru's engineers also made a slight increase to the rear track. The geometry of its strut front suspension is unchanged. There's still some body roll but less than before, and the compliance of the suspension feels right as Speed bounces the car off the track's tall curbs and runs it out over the rumble strips.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Subaru's engineers also made a slight increase to the rear track. The geometry of its strut front suspension is unchanged. There's still some body roll but less than before, and the compliance of the suspension feels right as Speed bounces the car off the track's tall curbs and runs it out over the rumble strips.
Maybe I'll hold on to these springs then... I'll drop them in and see how she sits. Car weight and balance is basically the same, so if the suspension geometry hasn't changed, I can't see how these wont work. I think a 0.8-1.0" drop along with these wheels I still have will look awesome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts