Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think one of those two colors will be my final choice. I just love grey cars with black details!

Do any of you guys have any rendering/real pictures of those colors in the car?

Hopefully we'll get pictures or videos of a model in one of these colors.

Cheers.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I love gray colours. Saddly the pavement gray is to dark and steel gray just looks like a common, plain silver. Shame on you Toyota.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I love gray colours. Saddly the pavement gray is to dark and steel gray just looks like a common, plain silver. Shame on you Toyota.
Very interesting thing to be upset about, the 2 colors you were deciding between are very beautiful colors. In my opinion, more so than any gray.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I once promised myself that if I would buy a brand new car, I would buy it in gray. Hence the disgust. In any case, I find the GR86 looks best in bright and shiny colours so HW or TB for me. Don't like NB colour but it fits this car as well.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I once promised myself that if I would buy a brand new car, I would buy it in gray. Hence the disgust. In any case, I find the GR86 looks best in bright and shiny colours so HW or TB for me. Don't like NB colour but it fits this car as well.
Max Orido once said sports cars should be in red, and Track bRed looks very nice.

A limited edition GR86 will most likely have a special gray, yellow, etc

·
Registered
99 Posts
I agree with the above. I had a red sports car and it looked great although it's not my favorite color. The malicious will say that it suits a woman better. I have never bought a white car and since I can remember I have been saying that it is better suited to company and delivery cars.

I'll see it live and then I'll choose. Almost two years is a lot of time to change your mind several times.

·
Super Moderator
237 Posts
I agree with the above. I had a red sports car and it looked great although it's not my favorite color. The malicious will say that it suits a woman better. I have never bought a white car and since I can remember I have been saying that it is better suited to company and delivery cars.

I'll see it live and then I'll choose. Almost two years is a lot of time to change your mind several times.
I think I read somewhere that for the past 30 years the most popular car colours have been shades of gray and silver. White through to black.

Red cars are preferred by 12% of males, but only 8% of females.

The pearl white on this car does look nice, every journalist has commented on it showing the lines very well.

The Red looks great IMO, and I'm looking forward to the Neptune blue.

The dark colours shit me with black rims, they make the wheels invisible. If you are buying the base model I think the dark colours will look much better.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think I read somewhere that for the past 30 years the most popular car colours have been shades of gray and silver. White through to black.

Red cars are preferred by 12% of males, but only 8% of females.

The pearl white on this car does look nice, every journalist has commented on it showing the lines very well.

The Red looks great IMO, and I'm looking forward to the Neptune blue.

The dark colours shit me with black rims, they make the wheels invisible. If you are buying the base model I think the dark colours will look much better.
White is beautiful but it’s probably going to be the most common color on dealership lots similar to the Supra.

·
Super Moderator
237 Posts
That BRZ ice silver metallic looks really pearlescent.

I wonder if its a special metallic treatment, cause it looks real nice - particularly with the matching wheels and the black Sti trim pieces.

Also - I think its official that ALL colours except the WRC blue are offered on both cars. So yes even that track bRed color is the subaru no cost paint.

Just a bit weird at this stage that the GR86 didn't get a special colour that we know of (trueno blue = lapis blue).

·
Registered
284 Posts
That BRZ ice silver metallic looks really pearlescent.

I wonder if its a special metallic treatment, cause it looks real nice - particularly with the matching wheels and the black Sti trim pieces.

Also - I think its official that ALL colours except the WRC blue are offered on both cars. So yes even that track bRed color is the subaru no cost paint.

Just a bit weird at this stage that the GR86 didn't get a special colour that we know of (trueno blue = lapis blue).

View attachment 1490
World Rally Blue pearl and pictures of what's possibly Trueno blue look very similar. lol.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts