Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Subaru BRZ Sport-tech WRB
76 Posts
Hey guys, I made a video tutorial on how to install the auto-dimming mirror in your Subaru BRZ 2022. I tried to get straight to the point. Let me know if this helped you!

Had mine installed by the dealership yesterday but the homelink system is not working. Now they have to order a new one in and I have to wait till at least end of the month :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2022 Subaru BRZ
15 Posts
Had mine installed by the dealership yesterday but the homelink system is not working. Now they have to order a new one in and I have to wait till at least end of the month :rolleyes:
Same exact thing happened to me. It seems like there are quite a few people reporting HomeLink issues

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys, I made a video tutorial on how to install the auto-dimming mirror in your Subaru BRZ 2022. I tried to get straight to the point. Let me know if this helped you!

Thanks for making this video. Very helpful. I may install a mirror to get homelink for garage door in future, but was most interested and glad to find out that the wiring for it is in the overhead console regardless of whether the auto dimming mirror was ordered from the factory. I'm planning on using that tap to power a dash cam that I'll mount on the windshield behind the stock mirror.

Out of curiosity, which mirror did you install? Do you have a link that you can share?

Also, do you know if it's pre-wired for a sub (Toyota has as an option) in the trunk? I ordered a Premium 6MT (6 speaker stereo). Would be great if I didn't have to run wire for a sub in the trunk.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for making this video. Very helpful. I may install a mirror to get homelink for garage door in future, but was most interested and glad to find out that the wiring for it is in the overhead console regardless of whether the auto dimming mirror was ordered from the factory. I'm planning on using that tap to power a dash cam that I'll mount on the windshield behind the stock mirror.

Out of curiosity, which mirror did you install? Do you have a link that you can share?

Also, do you know if it's pre-wired for a sub (Toyota has as an option) in the trunk? I ordered a Premium 6MT (6 speaker stereo). Would be great if I didn't have to run wire for a sub in the trunk.
The mirror I used was the one below, and sorry I don't know about the sub wiring.

·
Registered
2022 Subaru BRZ Sport-tech WRB
76 Posts
Got an update from the dealership today. Turns out the replacement mirrors are on hold now because they are investigating the problem as a lot of people are reporting issue with the homelink function. No ETA on when the problem will resolve at this time.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice tutorial. How do you like the effectiveness of the dimming?

I actually ordered mine without the auto-dimming mirror simply because I've had two other vehicles where the "dimmed" setting was still way too bright and bothersome, to the point that I would position the sun visor in front of it to block the following headlights. I would have liked the Homelink functionality actually more than the dimming feature, but my solution to a garage remote will be to Velcro a fob-sized transmitter under the steering column like I did in my 124 Spider.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice tutorial. How do you like the effectiveness of the dimming?

I actually ordered mine without the auto-dimming mirror simply because I've had two other vehicles where the "dimmed" setting was still way too bright and bothersome, to the point that I would position the sun visor in front of it to block the following headlights. I would have liked the Homelink functionality actually more than the dimming feature, but my solution to a garage remote will be to Velcro a fob-sized transmitter under the steering column like I did in my 124 Spider.
Thanks! The auto-dimming part of the mirror is working great. I know what you mean though. My last Acura did not dim very well. I stuck a little rubber bushing in the hole for the ambient light senor on the mirror's back. It made it a little bit darker at night.
The HomeLinks are not working. There are several on the forum that have the same issue with their mirror. I think they are on backorder from everyone having issues. I was going to take it to the dealer after the holidays.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts