Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im currently working on a deal for a base 22 BRZ, but there is a small hiccup. I found out thru another Subaru Dealership that the one I want in WRB base model manual, has already had its RDR done. Meaning that the warranty has already started on it. When I confronted my salesman with this info, he talked to his manager, and his manager came clean. They did it to try and prevent other dealerships from trying to trade for it. Or maybe that's a lie and they are trying to pad their numbers or something. Regardless of the reason why they did this, they did it, and thankfully I know about it now. I want this car, nothing else in this model configuration is available for another 4months or so and I don't want to wait. I am now trying figure out how much people think approximately 6 weeks of warranty should be worth? Do I ask them to knock $1000 off? Ask them to cover my winter tires and some BRZ all weather floor mats? Bit of a strange situation but the car has been in the showroom pretty much since it landed as best as I can tell. Only 10km's on it.

·
Registered
2022 Toyota GR86 Premium 6MT (pre-order)
101 Posts
I wonder if that's a Canadian thing? As far as I am aware, in the states the warranty starts on the date you take possession of the vehicle, not sooner, not later. I have even bought a "new" car that some senior type at the dealership had used as a loaner for 1,500 miles prior to my purchase. Warranty did not start until I bought it. That being said, I'd take whatever they'd give you, floor mats whatever. Given the very low mileage I wouldn't sweat it one bit.

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Base Ignition Red
69 Posts
Agreed with commenter above.. in my experience the time and km clock for warranty starts the day you sign the papers, regardless of what the dealership did.

For example, previous car I purchased new had been in the showroom for ~8 months, taken to a few promotional events. 36 month warranty started the day I took possession of the car and started at ~150km.

·
Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
1,133 Posts
Thats definitely a Canada thing. But if they would throw some winter wheels and tires with TPMS in there I know I would take the deal. Personally I would take anything they will give because they will probably void my warranty within a year anyways. LOL

·
Registered
748 Posts
Australia is from date of delivery. I bought a mustang a couple of years back that had been registered a year earlier but not driven so no miles on it. The warranty was honoured from the day I took delivery which I got in writing.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Confirmed today that indeed the warranty started Nov 30th and is being sold as new. I was still willing to work it out, but then they blew up the deal being insane shady crazy psychotic, trying to say the numbers on Subaru.ca for financing were "wrong" "read the fine print" lol and wanted to tack an extra $100 bi-weekly to the deal 🤣 OK then, byeeeeee. Sad, was told by ALOT of people that they were shady, but holy flipping Christmas, $10K they tried to steal from me. Guess it's going to be a custom order now from the better dealership that is out of stock and 4months of impatiently being patient lol.

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Base Ignition Red
69 Posts
Where are you located? I shopped around many dealerships to find one I was comfortable with. PM if you want and I can share some opinion. Sounds like you're better off for how it played out, just sucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts