Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Pavement GR86 , 2019 Shelby GT350R
933 Posts
I just got the car….. does the car take 91 octane or has to be 93 octane
Premium is what you need. Use 93 if available. I’m in CO, so only 91 is here. Now, back to the thread topic. If you’re traveling highway and stay about the speed limit or perhaps 5mph over, you should have no problems going 350 miles on a tank. In mixed city/highway driving, I’ve gone 339 miles on a tank, but that was with 5 miles remaining on fuel. I have 7K miles on my car (manual) and I usually get between 30 - 32 mpg.

·
Registered
GR86 MT Pavement
671 Posts
I agree although have never pushed it that low on the gauge. 190 miles and it had just hit half tank. 55-65 a touch of fun driving. So if you needed to eeek out 350+ for a road trip it's more than doable with a manual. Probably 400 in a slush box.

·
Registered
2022 GR86 MT Neptune
86 Posts
ok one more data point. from Burley, ID to Baker City, OR plus a little extra. I chickened out on the way to the next gas and doubled back. 400 was mine. So close.

this route had more downhill than the first one. and I was pretty liberal in topping off.

Vehicle Automotive design Speedometer Gauge Personal luxury car

·
Registered
2022 Pavement GR86 , 2019 Shelby GT350R
933 Posts
In this instance, I drove like a Sally, in a combination of city and urban driving. I drove no faster than 5-10 over the PSL and had the AC running about 90% of the time. I know I can get 400 miles on a tank if driving all highway. I put 11.5 gallons in the tank to refill and hand calculated MPG was 33.5.
Vehicle Car Speedometer Gauge Odometer

·
Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
1,409 Posts
I finally managed to break 300 miles on a single tank. 303 to be exact. The low fuel light was on and cluster said I had 10 miles remaining. The car can get really decent mpg on the highway if I keep the speed below 70. The mpg drops like a tank every little bit over that. I cant usually bring myself to drive that slow so on the highway I usually get about 30mpg. The problem for me is the off highway driving. I am constantly bringing the revs up, banging gears, downshifting to accelerate for unknown reasons, banging the rev limiter. So my average quickly falls once I am no longer at a steady cruise. It is kinda nice to be able to drive like that though. The old "drive a slow car fast" adage is true.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts