Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Premium AT Trueno Blue
264 Posts
At least it’s still cheaper for now but it’s getting ridiculously expensive quickly and the traffic has gotten so bad it’ll make your head spin.
Yeah, aside from the temps I keep hearing from folks I know still there that traffic is batshit now. It's wild too because there was a massive increase in traffic from 2010-2014 that I could easily quantify with commute times etc. I used to think that was just economic recovery after all the GFC fallout, but who knows...

(Tampa Bay area; I lived in St. Pete)

·
Registered
2022 Trueno Blue 6MT GR86
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I live in Florida. The oil is never below 100F unless I leave well before the sun rises. I just get in and keep it under like 3k till the oil hits 150, which happens usually by the time I leave my neighborhood.

Perks of living in literal Hell+ (now with more humidity!) loooool
😂😂😂yes! I just moved from Gainesville and I DO NOT miss the heat and humidity lol!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just wanted to get a gauge of how long y'all wait until pulling off after starting it? I've heard people say when the rpms drop under 1K your good, or when the blue light goes off your good, etc.

Just wanted y'alls thoughts on it!
Open door.
Adjust seat fore/aft (I like sitting closer to the wheel and verifying my wrist distance to the wheel on outstretched arms)
Sit
Start car
Plug in cell phone
Android Auto podcast on
Set the map
Check mirror position
Adjust seat belt straps

At this point, the car is so close to dropping below 1k rpm at idle, that it's barely a wait for oil temps to be reasonable to drive slowly away in the neighborhood. Once I'm at a light, oil temps are warm.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Speaking of oil temperatures, what are you seeing on the street? I think I’m seeing about 200-205 after a 45 minute highway / city street drive with outside temps in the low 80s deg F.
View attachment 11789
Speaking of OCD - So the correct operating temperature is not in the middle of the gauge? WTF? That is very annoying. On all the cars I had which actually had a temp gauge the correct temperature was always dead center. If it moved to either side something was wrong. Here it seems to be somehow randomly placed inside the gauge.

·
Registered
BRZ S (Limited) Manual Silver
412 Posts
Wait for the revs to drop and then go. Living in the sub-tropics, the car never gets really cold. I don’t go above 3000ish until the oil temp is coming up though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Speaking of OCD - So the correct operating temperature is not in the middle of the gauge? WTF? That is very annoying. On all the cars I had which actually had a temp gauge the correct temperature was always dead center. If it moved to either side something was wrong. Here it seems to be somehow randomly placed inside the gauge.
Another way to look at is you shouldn’t be concerned as long as the oil temp bar doesn’t go past halfway (which is 230 degrees based on the scale of the graph, which ranges from 120 degrees to 340 degrees).

21 - 31 of 31 Posts