Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
ARMASPEED- The best intake system!
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
GR86/BRZ is a beautiful car that we want to create more fun in your driving experience. We have intake systems for over 10+ brands, and we are excited to be here and can't wait to be part of your build! We also offer quality products and top-notch customer service.

ARMASPEED: Home - ARMASPEED
Instgram: @arma_speed

The ARMASPEED intake for the 2022 GR86/ BRZ is made with fine carbon fiber and has been developed to provide the most efficiency and increase the airflow amount to the BRZ. The naturally aspirated engine has a higher redline than the turbocharged engine, allowing for more aggressive gearing.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior

Our aim was to develop the GR86/ BRZ intake system which ensured the engine boosted power while maintaining the perfect air flow and flow rate to produce a great improvement in the driving experience. Using the silicone inlet hose with a smooth surface to provide a smoother airflow. A cone air filter increases the filter surface by 12% to work with greater airflow and superior filtration. Carbon fiber and an airbox with a coated plenum make perfect heat isolation for the engine bay. Not only gives you an upgrading driving experience but also an amazing appearance underneath the hood.

·
Registered
220 Posts
@armaspeed do you have any dyno numbers to compare from stock?
Second on Dynos. Same car, same conditions back to back with only difference being the intake. And, maybe it's just me, but I think that thing is fugly - although for the right price and proven significant hp/torque gains, I would grit my teeth.

Personally, I am not touching anything related to intake/header/exhaust until tuning comes out. And even then, I may wait even longer because right now I wouldn't want to do ANYTHING that might be used to void my warranty.

·
Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
2,789 Posts
Better yet dyno results of a stock intake with the charcoal filter removed. Then of this new airbox. Im willing to bet any gains are simply from removing the fish tank filter from the airbox. That is free.

·
Vendor
2023 BRZ Limited 6MT - WR Blue Pearl
902 Posts
You people are ruthless. Lol
If a company is going to present themselves to the community then they should do so with the intent of receiving feedback; and all feedback should be as honest and forthcoming as possible.

My comment was directed at the price-point, I think they missed the mark by a long-shot. Making something out of carbon fiber doesn't warrant such an exorbitant price; Gruppe-M does it, but they have a very intricate design, it stands out and they have the reputation to boot. The GR86/BRZ is a very utilitarian vehicle... it serves a very specific purpose. It had shit gas mileage, it isn't exactly comfortable and it doesn't have a lot of room. It is a driver's car at bargain price-point. If we had that F-U money to spend on parts then a lot of us would of started with something a little more premium.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well, the issue is they are selling for $820.00 with no discussion regarding any performance gains in horsepower. They have a box made out of carbon fiber. It might provide an interesting intake noise, but we don't really know. Yet they are expecting people to pony up $820.00 for decorative box in the engine compartment. I don't think it is very attractive but even if I did it's very difficult for me to justify spending money on this. However, as a counterpoint most of the cat back and axle back aftermarket exhausts don't really add any horsepower either. It's all about the sound. So therefore, if it offers decent intake noise and there is not a loss of horsepower, I guess a fair argument can be made for it. But personally, as much as I would like a better intake and exhaust noise, I need to see some power gain. So, it makes more
sense in my eyes to wait for ECU tune from a company that can give hard numbers from (91 Octane Gas) showing a real gain of horsepower and torque. Further it has to a minimum for me of 10 LBS of torque and a minimum of 20 Horsepower. Perhaps I'm dreaming. However, it seems to me with a larger engine to work with getting these numbers should, in theory be easier on the FA24 than the FA20. But for anyone bragging about an increase in power from either an Intake, exhaust, or ECU tune there needs to be a way to back up numbers. I'm sure there will be plenty of people willing to spend the $820 for a pretty intake(not pretty in my eyes). Just not me. I'm not being cruel. However, I am being skeptical.

·
Registered
166 Posts
What happened to just silicone intake tubes and maybe a metal box for shielding from hot engine exhausts. Price is crazy for a car that starts at $27k. Especially for no power gain and I can’t even see much change in sound.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts