Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Bundaberg in (normally) sunny Queensland. Lots of rain at the moment.

Ordered an 86 earlier in the year but the local Toyota dealer was unable to obtain one as none were left - in any colour.

So I have sat on my hands waiting for something to become available and it still looks like another 6 – 12 months before reasonable stock levels arrive of either twin.

After selling my series 2 and series 5 Rx7's I am really looking forward to getting another small sports coupe.

Cheers all.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,302 Posts
Hi from Bundaberg in (normally) sunny Queensland. Lots of rain at the moment.

Ordered an 86 earlier in the year but the local Toyota dealer was unable to obtain one as none were left - in any colour.

So I have sat on my hands waiting for something to become available and it still looks like another 6 – 12 months before reasonable stock levels arrive of either twin.

After selling my series 2 and series 5 Rx7's I am really looking forward to getting another small sports coupe.

Cheers all.
Welcome!!!!

They stopped production of the old BRZ/86, the new GR86 (improved a lot) will be finally released into Australia in the second half of next year. The new BRZ has a head start and 500 units are releasing for this first half of next year, 90 of the 500 allocation are (were) available as of 2 days ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would prefer the GR86 as the local Subaru dealership in Bundy appears pretty useless, just want to sell trucks (SUV's).
I do prefer the look of the BRZ so I will wait until some become available and talk to the Subie dealer down the highway and see what deal they can do. Happy with either.

·
Registered
BRZ S (Limited) Manual Silver
344 Posts
Another Queenslander here. Brisbane based. Pre-ordered in Sep-21. Advised today that my Jan-22 build has a VIN and it's on a boat. Subaru Australia are still indicating it could be up to 3 months away.The dealer I'm getting it through has delivered a few already. So I've no idea how they got prioritised. I guess I'm pleased its a 2022 build though. Trying not to go quite as crazy with the options list as my last one this time. I have ordered the short shifter, STi gear knob, and STi side-vent garnishes. I think I'll leave it there.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Another Queenslander here. Brisbane based. Pre-ordered in Sep-21. Advised today that my Jan-22 build has a VIN and it's on a boat. Subaru Australia are still indicating it could be up to 3 months away.The dealer I'm getting it through has delivered a few already. So I've no idea how they got prioritised. I guess I'm pleased its a 2022 build though. Trying not to go quite as crazy with the options list as my last one this time. I have ordered the short shifter, STi gear knob, and STi side-vent garnishes. I think I'll leave it there.
Once it is on the boat it is less than 2 weeks boat trip from Japan to Brisbane. Then another 2 weeks to get delivery usually. Mine was exactly 4 weeks to the day from leaving Japan to keys in my hand.

·
Registered
BRZ S (Limited) Manual Silver
344 Posts
Once it is on the boat it is less than 2 weeks boat trip from Japan to Brisbane. Then another 2 weeks to get delivery usually. Mine was exactly 4 weeks to the day from leaving Japan to keys in my hand.
Yeah...the dealer said that if it was showing as "On Water" that it was probably around a month away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts