Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone!
I'm new here, I'm originally from Yorkshire in the UK but now in Ohio awaiting a release date and actual pricing for the GR86.

I'm not new to forums and I've run a few searches but cant see an answer to this question so here goes.

Why do the Japanese versions of the 86/BRZ have exhaust pipes that go right to the rear bumper and the ones tested in the USA are set back into the bumper a bit more like they're hiding? prototype thing positioning or something else?

Anyway looking forward to chatting all things 86/BRZ as they hit the streets later this year.

James

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hey there everyone!
I'm new here, I'm originally from Yorkshire in the UK but now in Ohio awaiting a release date and actual pricing for the GR86.

I'm not new to forums and I've run a few searches but cant see an answer to this question so here goes.

Why do the Japanese versions of the 86/BRZ have exhaust pipes that go right to the rear bumper and the ones tested in the USA are set back into the bumper a bit more like they're hiding? prototype thing positioning or something else?

Anyway looking forward to chatting all things 86/BRZ as they hit the streets later this year.

James
Welcome to the forum James! I never really noticed it before but I think it might be the difference between Japanese and American models. Unless you're referring to the BRZ STI that has a bunch of different add on parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum James! I never really noticed it before but I think it might be the difference between Japanese and American models. Unless you're referring to the BRZ STI that has a bunch of different add on parts.
It doesn't seem to be an STI or BRZ v 86 thing, it's something I spotted a few times when drooling over pictures. It's subtle but definitely a thing.
Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Sky Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome! I am waiting for mine to come in as well. I am in SW Ohio. I thought I saw a video where someone has already extended the stock tips... without replacing the exhaust. Could be making it up though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.