Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I live in New Zealand am waiting for local dealers to receive the GR86. Some vehicles I have owned:

Peugeot 106 Rallye
Honda Civic VTI
Honda Integra Type R 1998 Euro spec (I got the first car delivered to my country).
Yamaha R6, about 2010

The most fun of all these was the 106 which I suspect is one of the best handling road cars ever made. This goes for street driving, I am sure others would be more fun on a race track.
The most lethal would be the R6 which is a scary machine.

I have road tested the GT86 and it just didn't quite have the magic. I think I will be happy with the GR86 though. I think it will be a big success.

I have seriously considered buying old BMW M3 4 cylinders or Integra Type Rs but the price of these is nuts and I have no interest in dealing with old car issues. I suspect the GR86 brings the same kind of magic to the table and I can't wait to get mine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, neither are available at the moment and I think it could be a long wait. It is ok I am not in a huge hurry. I am blown away by the fact that anyone has the guts to make a car like this in this day and age. The biggest attraction for me is the relatively light weight.

I just like the look of the GR86 a bit better than the BRZ. I suppose the difference is insignificant.

I will want the premium seats but the 17 inch wheels, and sadly an automatic because my wife can not drive a manual. She has to be able to drive the car.

·
Super Moderator
467 Posts
Hi, neither are available at the moment and I think it could be a long wait. It is ok I am not in a huge hurry. I am blown away by the fact that anyone has the guts to make a car like this in this day and age. The biggest attraction for me is the relatively light weight.

I just like the look of the GR86 a bit better than the BRZ. I suppose the difference is insignificant.

I will want the premium seats but the 17 inch wheels, and sadly an automatic because my wife can not drive a manual. She has to be able to drive the car.
I'm the opposite with the GR86. I want those unique 'G' stitched cloth seats, but with the 18's :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts