Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Lauren.

I've put a deposit for a reservation on an 86 - and waiting patiently to hear some news like everyone else. :)

I don't drive much anymore (Work from home) so figured I should just get another fun car to bring to autocross with the Miata.

Current cars

2006 BMW 530xi touring (supersprint axle-back)
2015 Miata (tune, exhaust)
1986 Volkswagen Scirocco ( ST coilovers, Techtonics cat-back, wheels, mostly stock otherwise)
2019 GLI (partner's car)

Past cars

2012 mk6 GTI (FBO, Stage 2)
2016 mk7 GTI (FBO, Stage 1, Neuspeed RSE10 wheels)
2008 E350 sedan (stock)
2008 G37 coupe (stock)
2019 Volvo XC60 (Polestar, intake)
2004 VW Passat (stock)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee (stock)

Nice to meet everyone and look forward to learning about this platform!

Lauren

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, I'm Lauren.

I've put a deposit for a reservation on an 86 - and waiting patiently to hear some news like everyone else. :)

I don't drive much anymore (Work from home) so figured I should just get another fun car to bring to autocross with the Miata.

Current cars

2006 BMW 530xi touring (supersprint axle-back)
2015 Miata (tune, exhaust)
1986 Volkswagen Scirocco ( ST coilovers, Techtonics cat-back, wheels, mostly stock otherwise)
2019 GLI (partner's car)

Past cars

2012 mk6 GTI (FBO, Stage 2)
2016 mk7 GTI (FBO, Stage 1, Neuspeed RSE10 wheels)
2008 E350 sedan (stock)
2008 G37 coupe (stock)
2019 Volvo XC60 (Polestar, intake)
2004 VW Passat (stock)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee (stock)

Nice to meet everyone and look forward to learning about this platform!

Lauren
Welcome! How much if you don't mind me asking and when did you put down a deposit and if it's refundable? I need to do that as well.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! How much if you don't mind me asking and when did you put down a deposit and if it's refundable? I need to do that as well.
Thanks!

And of course - 500 refundable, last week. Like others I had to call a bunch of dealers and sound like a crazy lady before one actually was willing to work with me finding a car when they start getting shipped. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks!

And of course - 500 refundable, last week. Like others I had to call a bunch of dealers and sound like a crazy lady before one actually was willing to work with me finding a car when they start getting shipped. :)
Good to hear. What specs are you looking to get? Mine - GR86, premium, 99% sure Trueno blue (need to see in person for sure but other would be track red, white or Pavement grey) 6 speed manual, premium larger ducktail spoiler, black wheels, black side mirrors.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to hear. What specs are you looking to get? Mine - GR86, premium, 99% sure Trueno blue (need to see in person for sure but other would be track red, white or Pavement grey) 6 speed manual, premium larger ducktail spoiler, black wheels, black side mirrors.
Nice!

Neptune Blue, 6 speed, premium, probably the TRD exhaust and sway bars, maybe other bits and bobs. I tend to stick to OEM+ looks wise.

I actually wish the wheels were not black, but will probably get aftermarket at some point anyways - gunmetal or silver probably.

Mostly interested in disabling the fake sound it has apparently, that stuff drives me nuts.. hopefully it's just a fuse or can be tweaked in software somehow. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice!

Neptune Blue, 6 speed, premium, probably the TRD exhaust and sway bars, maybe other bits and bobs. I tend to stick to OEM+ looks wise.

I actually wish the wheels were not black, but will probably get aftermarket at some point anyways - gunmetal or silver probably.

Mostly interested in disabling the fake sound it has apparently, that stuff drives me nuts.. hopefully it's just a fuse or can be tweaked in software somehow. :D
Ive done research but haven't done an insane amount, there is an exhaust option? As well as sway bars? I'd get my own aftermarket anyway then disable the speaker noise. Good choice on color.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive done research but haven't done an insane amount, there is an exhaust option? As well as sway bars? I'd get my own aftermarket anyway then disable the speaker noise. Good choice on color.
Yeah - I'm just making assumptions going off other stuff that has been posted around here. I'd rather just get things installed at the dealer so I don't have to have spare exhausts and parts floating around my basement. I'm far too lazy to sell things. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah - I'm just making assumptions going off other stuff that has been posted around here. I'd rather just get things installed at the dealer so I don't have to have spare exhausts and parts floating around my basement. I'm far too lazy to sell things. :)
You know what, I don't want to void warranty so if there is an exhaust option from factory I'll do that. Anyway welcome to the forum!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts