Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I actually don鈥檛 live in LA proper, I鈥檓 in Pasadena, but most people know LA geographically better 馃槉

I鈥檓 looking to get back into a sportscar after a 10 year break while I went through school. I鈥檝e owned 3 RX7鈥檚 in the past, and while I鈥檇 love to get an FD, they鈥檙e very hard to find at this point not all trashed. The GR86 is the only modern car that I think is similar overall. Lightweight and RWD with manual transmission is an impossible combo to find in a new car. The new Z car is a Nissan and their quality is shit for a while now, I鈥檓 not interested in their Rubbermaid interior with questionable engine reliability, not to mention they鈥檙e bloated pigs. This leaves me at the GR86, which looks very promising for what I enjoy doing.

I know everyone else considering the GR86 is likely of similar mindset. Crossing my fingers I can get an allotment with my local dealer and don鈥檛 have to travel far to find one without paying an ADM!

Registered
2017 Subaru Impreza Wagon CVT :(
Welcome to the forum, @JoMaHa. What color and trim level GR86 are you interested in getting?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum, @JoMaHa. What color and trim level GR86 are you interested in getting?
I like bright colors, so maybe a red or yellow depending on what鈥檚 available. I鈥檝e never owned anything blue though, so depending on what is available I might consider a bright blue.

I think I鈥檇 probably do the base trim, since they seem to both have the same media/stereo/screen, and I know I鈥檇 want to do rims/suspension like I do with all my cars. I think that means the only thing the higher trim level would give me is the rear ducktail spoiler and alcantara interior over the base since I鈥檇 be swapping wheels/tires anyways. I think otherwise the brakes/engine/stereo is the same between trims, so no benefit there. We鈥檒l see, I have to think about it more :)

which trim are you considering?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts