Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just signed up here for discussions about the new 86. This kinda died on another forum. Ive previously owned the 350z and 370z nismo. I considered getting another 370 but have been continuously watching GR86 and BRZ videos. While ill miss the V6 the 86 has a lot going for it. Positive reviews combined with good looks. I think it will be a success worldwide.

We are not getting the Nissan so decided to look elsewhere. Even if things change its still £10,000 pounds difference for us

Id be looking into getting the car next year when it releases either as a low miles used or ex demo. While id love the chance to go new. Id have to see how things pan out.

I did also think about supercharging much further down the line and getting it to 350hp Combined with the lightweight chassis it would be better than 370 which weighs 700+ pounds more. Either way Im content since it would be my daily!

Lots to be excited about for the real enthusiasts.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hey @neeyee

The big displacement bump here should keep most folks coming from more cylinders happy.
Are there any mods you would make before going the forced induction route?

BTW, make sure to follow the modifications thread if you are not already.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just visual I think. The plastic bits wrapped in gloss black. PPF for the front. Maybe gloss black lip and sideskirts on a white 86. The lip should match the sharp lines of the lower bumper.

·
Registered
11 Posts
@neeyee I envy your ownership of your nissans. I drove a 350z a few and damn was it fun. I never owned a sports car and it seems the GR will be my first. I thought about copping a z series but I feel as they are a bit outdated and don't have the breaking necks factor as the GR will have. I mean a well kept z breaks any neck but the ones around me in the used market are dull in color and not very appealing. Unless your into muscle GR seems like the only option. Miata is to small and not enough ponies for my liking. Anything else breaks the wallet, unfortunately,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had to wait a decade to get decent insurance rates. I loved those cars. Im considering another 370Z but I think Im more swayed by trying something new. Never drove the GT86 or Celica so this will be my first Toyota.

It will break necks as the styling us more pronounced than the outgoing model. An additional sideskirt and front lip along with rims could actually improve the looks. Not that it needs much just OEM Plus.

I reckon we will see used ones going for late 20s over here within 6 months of release for sure. Europe loves SUVs and EVs so sales may not be as fast as USA or Canada. Sales may be tough but last car did average in EU. Sales were as low as 370Z. Toyota will still try unlike Nissan im sure

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I
just spoke to a dealer in Sidcup about GR86. He was clueless and he did not know anything about launching date.

I am frustrated as I am looking at buying new car, and would love to go with GR86 but there is no news at all about prices and options in the UK.

I am also looking at hot hatches but would rather wait for gr86 to decide.

Has anyone got any news about 86 in UK?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

I
just spoke to a dealer in Sidcup about GR86. He was clueless and he did not know anything about launching date.

I am frustrated as I am looking at buying new car, and would love to go with GR86 but there is no news at all about prices and options in the UK.

I am also looking at hot hatches but would rather wait for gr86 to decide.

Has anyone got any news about 86 in UK?
I asked a local dealer (West Mids) and all they said was it definitely wouldn't be this year, although I got the impression they just didn't have a clue. Seems odd that Toyota went to all the effort of launching the car at the Festival Of Speed, but from the way it seems to be going, the next FOS will be here before delivery of any of the cars in the UK (hoping I'm wrong, but not hearing any news at all yet makes me think that the due date is a long way off here still). I prodded Toyota UK on their Facebook page about it, and all they could offer was a web page to sign up for the latest news, which doesn't help if there isn't any!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts