Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm from the Houston area (Sugar Land), looking at a manual trans Toyota GR86. I will consider a BR-Z as well, but I feel a little more comfortable with the Toyota dealer network.

Questions that I can probably find answers to, but that someone might be inclined to respond to include:
1) Do we have any firm information on pricing?
2) Do we anticipate them selling at MSRP, below MSRP? Will there be dealers trying to gouge us ( I won't pay over MSRP).
3) Can we order a car and just wait for it? I'm in no rush, but I am particular about color and it has to be a manual transmission.

Thanks.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm from the Houston area (Sugar Land), looking at a manual trans Toyota GR86. I will consider a BR-Z as well, but I feel a little more comfortable with the Toyota dealer network.

Questions that I can probably find answers to, but that someone might be inclined to respond to include:
2) Do we anticipate them selling at MSRP, below MSRP? Will there be dealers trying to gouge us ( I won't pay over MSRP).
3) Can we order a car and just wait for it? I'm in no rush, but I am particular about color and it has to be a manual transmission.

Thanks.
Welcome @ZeroTX.

Toyota is definitely the way to go. Many BRZ owners are unhappy about the Subaru experience.

1) No GR86 pricing yet, but it is expected to be close to the outgoing model.
2) We should expect pricing to be inconsistent at the dealer level. Patience and/or negotiation skills go a long way.
3) Any 'order' placed now isn't official. We'll have to wait for Toyota to announce when order books open.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks.
All but 3 of my cars over the past 45 years have been Toyotas. Great cars. From what I’ve been reading, pricing will be close to the previous generation. There will be dealers who jack up the price, hopefully not as badly as they did with the Supra.
Its shown on Toyota’s website, but the configurator is not active.

·
Registered
705 Posts
All but 3 of my cars over the past 45 years have been Toyotas. Great cars. From what I’ve been reading, pricing will be close to the previous generation. There will be dealers who jack up the price, hopefully not as badly as they did with the Supra.
Its shown on Toyota’s website, but the configurator is not active.
I think the key to avoiding dealer markups is just to try approaching more dealers and/or negotiating.
But in some cases waiting it out might just be the best option.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Stephen, I'm also in the Houston area. I've contacted a few local Toyota dealers asking for MSRP and so far two have told me ~$1,300 mandatory "dealer package" of hot air plus doc fee (usually $400) etc. If you have luck on getting anyone to accept a deposit at MSRP let me know and I'll do the same.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi Stephen, I'm also in the Houston area. I've contacted a few local Toyota dealers asking for MSRP and so far two have told me ~$1,300 mandatory "dealer package" of hot air plus doc fee (usually $400) etc. If you have luck on getting anyone to accept a deposit at MSRP let me know and I'll do the same.
I’m in San Diego, CA

·
Registered
639 Posts
Welcome @knc! How are you looking to spec your GR86? How many dealers have you tried reaching out to?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’m in San Diego, CA
Oops! Replace with "ZeroTX"

Welcome @knc! How are you looking to spec your GR86? How many dealers have you tried reaching out to?
Hey there. Assuming the 86 configuration is going to mirror the BRZ, it'll be the upper trim 6MT in red.

I reached out to about 5 starting ~2 weeks ago. Like others have reported, a few dealers have offered to take my money in the form of a deposit but there's really nothing yet in terms of getting into a Toyota "system" to actually place an order. Some dealers responded but wouldn't answer if they would do MSRP--I'll wait to press on them once I read on here that there are meaningful ways to actually place an order.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts