Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. Currently have a modded R35 Nissan GTR, and Corvette Z06. Might be selling the Corvette. I love manual cars (RWD to be specific) . I want a brand new car, full warranty, decent amount of tech (love the digital display speedo and digital rpm gauge when switched to track mode, and most important, a manual, rwd, lightweight, fun to drive car that's reliable and a good daily driver. The GR86 checks all those boxes. I'm not concerned with overall speed and horsepower as I have other cars for that. I want a FUN great drivers car with a third pedal. This is it.

I was intrigued by last gen BRZ/86 and how great of a drivers car they were. I wasn't quite sold on the looks especially now compared to the new gen, as well as the torque curve drop off (that was fixed for the new gen). The new model fixes everything. I love it. Will be getting mine this year. My spec will be the Trueno Blue (it pops so much in the sunlight and reminds me of almost the same exact blue as my GF Lexus RC350F). I do also like red, white and Pavement gray but I'll have to see them in person. I'll get in 6 speed manual, premium with upgraded seats, tires, bigger ducktail spoiler, black side mirrors and black wheels. Really looking forward to it.

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Impreza Wagon CVT :(
18 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Tranceport913!
Good spec choice for the GR86! I'll be getting mine the same as yours except in Neptune Blue because I like flashy colors. I'm hoping Toyota will reveal their "aftermarket" parts for the GR86 soon, similar to Subaru.
What Z06 Corvette do you have? One of my dream cars is an orange C7 Z06, but by the time I'm able to afford one, they will have skyrocketed in value for being the last front-engined, manual Corvette.

Reactions: Tranceport913

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum, Tranceport913!
Good spec choice for the GR86! I'll be getting mine the same as yours except in Neptune Blue because I like flashy colors. I'm hoping Toyota will reveal their "aftermarket" parts for the GR86 soon, similar to Subaru.
What Z06 Corvette do you have? One of my dream cars is an orange C7 Z06, but by the time I'm able to afford one, they will have skyrocketed in value for being the last front-engined, manual Corvette.
Im looking for light visual mods, the first thing I want to do is lower the car a bit (not slammed I don't like that either), it bugs me when there is a large gap between the tires and wheel arches. I have a C5 Z06 and was going to get a C6 Z06 or C7 Z06 but am going to sell my C5Z, get the GR86 then get the newer Z later down the road. I like the orange (Sebring Orange) C7Z06 too, that color pops and definitely makes people stop in their tracks to look. I also like flashy colors but I've always loved my GF blue Lexus RC350 Fsport and so because the color of the GR86 is so similar I have to go with it. Some cars I like the all black murdered out look (black paint, black wheels, black window tint, etc, that's what my C6Z will be) but in some cars it hides the lines of the car. Here is my gf Lexus and then the press pics of the GR86, see how similar the blue is. Even the side of the Lexus and GR are so similar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts