Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all :)

Last weekend (October 16) I put a deposit down on a Magnetite Gray Metallic BRZ Limited 6MT. When I called to set up an appointment, they said December delivery. After placing the order they said it should be here in November. This will be my first Subaru and also my first set of winter tires!

I'll be selling my 2013 Mini Cooper S Coupe (R58) which I love (both looks and driving), but the mileage is getting high, so, well, here I am...

·
Registered
549 Posts

Last weekend (October 16) I put a deposit down on a Magnetite Gray Metallic BRZ Limited 6MT. When I called to set up an appointment, they said December delivery. After placing the order they said it should be here in November. This will be my first Subaru and also my first set of winter tires!

I'll be selling my 2013 Mini Cooper S Coupe (R58) which I love (both looks and driving), but the mileage is getting high, so, well, here I am...
Congrats bro

·
Registered
639 Posts

Welcome to the forum @er.! Congratulations on placing your deposit. How long have you had your Mini for? I hear the engines on those first/second gen cars can be tricky to deal with.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum @er.! Congratulations on placing your deposit. How long have you had your Mini for? I hear the engines on those first/second gen cars can be tricky to deal with.
Thanks for the warm welcome! Have had the Mini since new--got it in October 2012. It's the newer 2nd gen engine (N18) which is not a worry like the previous (N14). It's bittersweet, I do love this car--look and feel--and I've been heavily involved in the Mini communities (rallies, national events, people). Just had a bunch of wear-and-tear things fixed, and I'm starting to worry about more things breaking now that it's older.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! Have had the Mini since new--got it in October 2012. It's the newer 2nd gen engine (N18) which is not a worry like the previous (N14). It's bittersweet, I do love this car--look and feel--and I've been heavily involved in the Mini communities (rallies, national events, people). Just had a bunch of wear-and-tear things fixed, and I'm starting to worry about more things breaking now that it's older.
Oh ok I didn't realize there was a difference in the engines. Have you driven any of the first gen 86s/BRZs before?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Did you ever go through transmission issues with your Mini? It seems to be a big problem with those cars. Aside from that I absolutely love them but need to experience these FR sports cars before I head off elsewhere.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you ever go through transmission issues with your Mini? It seems to be a big problem with those cars. Aside from that I absolutely love them but need to experience these FR sports cars before I head off elsewhere.
Nope, none at all. It's true, you do hear about quite a few of them that have a lot of trouble in many aspects. Mine has been pretty well-behaved. Something I else I think will be better with Subaru: reliability. Shhh don't tell Mini I said that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts