Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day........ (hahahaha)

My name is Chris and I'm patiently waiting for Toyota to deliver some news about these GR86s. I'm an old school petrol head who's been on a front wheel drive bender for close to 15 years now, 4age Corollas and lots of 205GTIs. I'm itching for a rear wheel drive and after driving a few new Mustangs and as much fun as they are, they're not for me.
These GR86s tick a lot of boxes for me so I'm pretty keen to get my hands on one.

Cheers.

·
Registered
331 Posts
G'day........ (hahahaha)

My name is Chris and I'm patiently waiting for Toyota to deliver some news about these GR86s. I'm an old school petrol head who's been on a front wheel drive bender for close to 15 years now, 4age Corollas and lots of 205GTIs. I'm itching for a rear wheel drive and after driving a few new Mustangs and as much fun as they are, they're not for me.
These GR86s tick a lot of boxes for me so I'm pretty keen to get my hands on one.

Cheers.
Hi Chris.
I doubt you will see a GR86 within the next 9 months tbh. I don't believe they are even taking orders this half of 2022.
You won't be disappointed with either the BRZ or GR86. They are reviewed as being light years ahead of the 1st generation and I loved the gen 1 86 I owned but went for a BRZ this time around as I could not wait.
I also owned a Mustang for 2 1/2 years and the BRZ is FAR better imo. BRZ handles 100 times better and far more fun and engaging to drive. The Mustang is like driving a tank in comparison.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've always been a fan of smaller car and less power, perhaps it's an age thing.

Like you said with regards to the Mustang, it has amazing power but doesn't have the handling.

I'm confident the GR86 will a fantastic car and everything I'm hoping, I'm atbthe top of the contact list at local Toyota dealer so I'll wait patiently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts