Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Former Subi and multiple BMW e30 owner. I still love the BMW e30 but am craving for more power and some sort of an automated gear box due to a disability. Looking forward to see what Toyota's move on this car will be as I have been a fan of Toyotas since a young age.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing the E30 pics, I'll always love the E30.

I feel the GR86 is in some ways (definitely not all, just some) about as close to a modern E30 coupe as you can get today. Lighter than many cars, tossable rear-wheel-drive, focus on the driver, etc. Still has a back seat for occasional use.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. So I swapped the OEM 14" wheels for 16" AC Schnitzer Type 1. They looked awesome.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JKim85
Sorry still trying to figure how to quote but, I'm really hoping. I don't believe there has been a replacement yet. The current BRZ/GT86 are I'd say the closest.

I was tempted to buy a BRZ with the slush box and supercharge it. If I remember I believe I saw a review from Motortrend where they reviewed a company in S. Cali who had like a 300+ HP car...

So holding my breath. If the rumors are true as far as HP figures then I'm in. I just hope the frontend doesn't look like the renderings.

I miss the old days of Japanese design and engineering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts