Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. Just gunna edit this down because I wrote an absolute novel before.

I'm going down to the Subaru dealership this weekend and will reserve a 2022 BRZ. This will be the first car I buy myself and the first manual I will own. I've always wanted to learn manual and this car seems perfect for it. I have my trim and options all picked out. Now I just need to choose a color before the weekend hits and I'll be set. Either WR blue, ice silver metallic, or white. I'm really excited about this car and happy to be here 馃槃 cheers

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You got it. I'll report back here and in the pre-order thread once its done this Saturday. I was told on a voicemail left by the dealership that the BRZ is still available to reserve but that's all I know at the moment.

Registered
Welcome to the forum. Did get you get some seat time in the new Miata?
Doug DeMuro said it drives a bit better.
Thanks for the kind welcome. My father bought a fiat 124 abarth. I believe the Chassis is the same as the ND. Powertrain is obviously different. I enjoy driving it but honestly prefer the way my "upgraded" NC drives (Koni Suspension, beefy swaybars, aftermarket 17" wheels, etc.). I have considered the ND miata, but I guess saying the plan is to replace my NC miata is untrue. I currently have the NC and a Mitsubishi Outlander. The new car would "replace" both and become my only vehicle. Although I drive the NC through the winter, I need something with "some" space. I don't think the ND could be my only car, while I believe the GR86 could.

Registered
Thanks for the kind welcome. My father bought a fiat 124 abarth. I believe the Chassis is the same as the ND. Powertrain is obviously different. I enjoy driving it but honestly prefer the way my "upgraded" NC drives (Koni Suspension, beefy swaybars, aftermarket 17" wheels, etc.). I have considered the ND miata, but I guess saying the plan is to replace my NC miata is untrue. I currently have the NC and a Mitsubishi Outlander. The new car would "replace" both and become my only vehicle. Although I drive the NC through the winter, I need something with "some" space. I don't think the ND could be my only car, while I believe the GR86 could.
That might explain why some NC guys I know held onto them for so long and dumped money into mods. Do you think we'll see a higher rate of Miata owners going the 86/BRZ this time compared to the last gen?

Registered
That might explain why some NC guys I know held onto them for so long and dumped money into mods. Do you think we'll see a higher rate of Miata owners going the 86/BRZ this time compared to the last gen?
I'm unsure. Maybe it's just the people I'm exposed too, but it seems like the demographic is quite different. The people I know with miatas are older guys using it as a sunny day weekend car, while the people in frs's/brz's are guys in their 20s using them as daily's.

Registered
Also from NJ, called every dealer in my area and they all have 1000$ markup on new cars. I ended up just preordering from my closest dealer a limited MT in white. They said I was the 3rd preorder there, with estimated delivery of late November

Registered
Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2019
I'm from Central/north ish Jersey and I preordered one too. Preordered mine super early so I lucked out and somehow missed the 1k markup? Subaru dealership said it should be here mid November. Fingers crossed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts