Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself.

Don't own an 86 now. Actually, generally I've been a Honda guy. No fun toys in the garage but looking to get back to driving something enjoyable.

The Supra was a touch too expensive so this new GR86 might be the trick.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome to the forums! How do you feel about forced induction? If you're a Honda guy then you probably enjoyed high-revving NA with the VTEC kicking in

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL. VTAC yo!

I'd say I'm still generally an NA guy.

Used to have an S2000 years ago and loved that motor. I didn't love how tail-happy it was though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The S2000 is a classic. I'll always love those cars. And there aren't many options for a new NA sports car these days - the ND.2 is one of the few exceptions.

But the S2000 is getting older now, too old for me to trust as a daily driver these days. That's where the GR86 fits in, at least for me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a classic. It was pretty bare bones even when it was new. And a lot nicer than the Integra I replaced. lol

And the S2000 just lacks so many basic features that modern cars have now.

I say I'm a purist, but if I can have some of those fancy features, I'll take them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It is a classic. It was pretty bare bones even when it was new. And a lot nicer than the Integra I replaced. lol

And the S2000 just lacks so many basic features that modern cars have now.

I say I'm a purist, but if I can have some of those fancy features, I'll take them.
Your old car wasn't an Integra Type-R by chance, was it? I kick myself for not buying a yellow ITR years ago

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your old car wasn't an Integra Type-R by chance, was it? I kick myself for not buying a yellow ITR years ago
Nope. I had a 2nd gen DA Integra. I did paint it Championship white. I always wanted a white DC Type R though. A friend of mine sold his a few years back and got double what he paid. And now it's worth double what he sold it for again.

Look at this thing!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Incredible how they keep rising in value. My problem now is that I can't justify an Integra at that valuation when I could buy something like a new 86 Hakone Edition or even something totally different like a 2007 V8 Vantage manual.

I'm hoping the GR86 will be just as revered 25 years in the future when you can't get anything small, non-electrified, with a manual anymore

·
Registered
9 Posts
The S2000 is a classic. I'll always love those cars. And there aren't many options for a new NA sports car these days - the ND.2 is one of the few exceptions.

But the S2000 is getting older now, too old for me to trust as a daily driver these days. That's where the GR86 fits in, at least for me.
This is. Very true! Hopefully Toyota and possibly Nissan have realized the market is missing a traditional NA RWD car...shoot look at Mazda. That company stays a float because of the Miata!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts